1. Collapse Details
    New Firmware Released From Fortis
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Fortis has released updated firmware twice in the past couple of days for the Octagon receivers. These firmware updates have addressed several issues that people reported having in other countries. Octagon is a very popular receiver so it does not surprise me to see firmware updates released for it first.
    The Fortis Sky Sat also has updated firmware that was released yesterday for its line of receivers. I did not see any release notes from Sky Sat.

In reviewing the new Octagon files, I find some of the issues that Mengram has complained about appear to be fixed. For example, the receiver does not hang up on the encrypted PowerVu channels that are on 121 West, and the channel changes also seem to be improved in this newly released firmware.

I expect firmware updates to be released for Optibox soon. Hopefully Fortis will address some of our problems and issues like they did for Octagon. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello El Bandido
    I am interested on getting the raptor, i read it is having issues with blind scan, is anybody working on a fix for it?
    please let us know.
    thanks in advance.
    Chewie

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Chewie and Welcome to Legit.
    Where did you read the Raptor has blind scan issues? I would like to see that thread or post.
    The Raptor's blind scan could be improved but on average, it finds more transponders and channels than my other receivers. EB

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello El Bandido
    According to your review on the raptor, the anaconda and raptor blind scan are the same, I read the anaconda takes about half/hour to do the blind scan.
    after i finish reading you entire review, i saw the video clip on the raptors blind scan and it took only a few minutes to blind scan.
    the half/hour blind scan is the issue I am referring to.
    Can you please clear this for me?
    One more question, If I buy a raptor does it come with 2 S-TUNERS, if not , what is the price for the second S-TUNER.
    Thanks in advance.
    Chewie

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chewie, The Raptor ships with one Tuner and a second DVB S2 Tuner is $21.00

At the moment the Anaconda is taking roughly 30 minutes for a blind scan and we are patiently waiting for Fortis to speed this up for us.

The Raptor is a different beast.
    Last edited by ViP3R; 06-03-2012 at 01:18 PM.

click click b00m

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chewie View Post
    Hello El Bandido
    According to your review on the raptor, the anaconda and raptor blind scan are the same, I read the anaconda takes about half/hour to do the blind scan.
    after i finish reading you entire review, i saw the video clip on the raptors blind scan and it took only a few minutes to blind scan.
    the half/hour blind scan is the issue I am referring to.
    Can you please clear this for me?
    One more question, If I buy a raptor does it come with 2 S-TUNERS, if not , what is the price for the second S-TUNER.
    Thanks in advance.
    Chewie
    The Anaconda and the Raptor blind scan the same way,but the Raptor is much faster. A couple more people have Raptors that visit this site. Look at all of the threads on the Raptor and you will see what issues we have found with the receiver. To date, the Raptor has been the best receiver I have owned. EB

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for your replies, I check the posts from other members and this box starting to look like my kind of receiver, the more I look at it the more I want it, the graphics are outstanding.
    where does legitfta store ships from? if I order a box with 2 tuners, does this store install the second tuner or I have to do the installation?
    please let me know.
    Regards.
    Chewie

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chewie, right now if you ordered a Raptor it would come direct from my distributor in Cyprus, I would expect it to arrive to your location in approx two weeks.

The tuner you would install, it's very simple..you pretty much just plug it in, I believe EB has a video here showing how to do just that.

Or have a look here >> [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Please feel free to send me PM if you any have questions..
    Last edited by ViP3R; 06-03-2012 at 04:23 PM.

click click b00m