Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    How does this compare to the Raptor? What is it lacking? If I bought a new receiver it looks like it would be in between these two but I would have to save for awhile to get the Raptor.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The TripleX is not in the same class as the Raptor. I have listed a few differences that I can quickly think of, but I am sure there are more.

The Raptor is made in Korea, so the hardware is better than the XXX
    The Raptor supports Esata hard drives both internally and externally. The XXX does not support Esata, or any type of internal hard drive.
    The Raptor has the ability to run other reseller firmware. The XXX does not have this capability.
    The Raptor has a large variety of plugins that it can run. The XXX has only a few.
    The Raptor has an excellent recording capability, including setting timers that overlap, providing they are legal, I.E. they are on the same transponder or on a different tuner.
    The Raptor has a better Channel Manager, and more options for moving or deleting channels than the XXX
    The Raptor has excellent external Channel Editor Programs. The XXX is difficult to edit and the external editors are poor in design
    The Raptor can hold at least 160 satellites. The XXX can only hold 64.
    The Raptor has an intelligent blind scan that does not change the name of channels after you have edited them. The XXX has a faster blind scan that misses transponders and channels that the Raptor finds.
    The Raptor supports recovery through the RS232 port. The XXX currently has no recovery available through the RS2332 port.
    The Raptor allows Channel PIDS to be entered in 2 different ways.

The TripleX is a faster machine than the Raptor. The manufacturer says the processor on the TripleX is running at 600 MHz, but most of the specs show it at 540. Regardless of what processor speed is posted, the TripleX is very fast when given a task such as scanning a transponder or scanning an entire satellite. I think it is the fastest fta receiver I have seen. The Raptor is not a slow machine, but it is not as fast as the TripleX. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool so does the XXX do pretty much everything that the Alien 2 does?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The TripleX runs the same Spark firmware as the Alien2, so it has the same bugs, features, and capabilities.
    According to what has been posted, the Alien2 scans slower than the TripleX, and the Alien2 costs more than the TripleX. Processor speed for the Alien2 is listed at 450. Processor speed for the TripleX is listed at 540 MHz.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone used the Wifi function on this? Would it allow you to stream channels online through the Wifi?

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any kind of an update on some of the bugs for this? I am still in the market for a better receiver but would really like something that does streaming tv online.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any comments on the webtv functions of this receiver? I would like to be able to stream online channels.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob311 View Post
    Has anyone used the Wifi function on this? Would it allow you to stream channels online through the Wifi?
    I can stream with the TripleX using enigma2 software. Spark is saying that streaming will be possible in the next Spark firmware release, but we will have to wait and see if they actually add this feature.

Is there any kind of an update on some of the bugs for this? I am still in the market for a better receiver but would really like something that does streaming tv online.
    All fta receivers have some kind of bugs but I have seen improvements in the spark firmware. There are no major bugs that I know of.
    The TripleX blind scan misses channels and transponders that my Raptor finds, and I would compare the blind scan to the Openbox as far as accuracy. The TripleX is the fastest blind scan receiver that i have right now.

Any comments on the webtv functions of this receiver? I would like to be able to stream online channels.
    The webtv functions have been tested and they do work. i do not use them because I am on a shared internet service that cannot support the speed that is really needed to support webtv. Streaming with the Spark firmware is not possible right now as mentioned earlier.

The Golden Media ONE has all of the features of the TripleX except for the number of tuners. The ONE is a good receiver to purchase if you only need a single tuner. EB

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't notice a 10750 lnb setting in the menus. Has anyone come up with a workaround for this? It would be nice if you could manually enter the LNB frequency or at least have the 10750 standard setting.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    To manually enter a lnb frequency, select (User) in the lnb frequency list, then key in the lnb frequency you want to use.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast