1. Collapse Details
    Misleading RAM Memory Spec Found in MicroHD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    It looks like Brian is trying to fool people into thinking the new MicroHD has a lot of RAM memory. His specs show the receiver as having 1 gigabyte of DDR2 RAM which equals 128 megabyte of RAM. I guess he listed his RAM like this so people would think that it had more memory than other Ali receivers.

Here are a few other things about this receiver:

The RS232 serial interface for the MicroHD will require a TTL converter to be installed before you can use it. A lot of users will have problems with this if they need to use the RS232 port to communicate or to recover the receiver.

There are no buttons to control the receiver on the MicroHD, so the receiver will be almost useless if the remote control breaks.

The price of the MicroHD is currently listed as $125.00 PLUS $14.50 for shipping. I do not know what shipping company Brian uses, but I can ship a full sized receiver to Canada that is bigger and weighs more than the MicroHD for about the same amount of money.
    Almost all fta receivers list their price with shipping included, so why is the MicroHD listed this way? This appears to be an effort by Brian to make you think the receiver is cheaper than it actually is, and to make an extra buck or two from the shipping.

I have read a review of the MicroHD receiver and it seems to have most of the scanning quirks and motor moving message issues that are common to almost all Ali receivers.
    There is no Ethernet connection on the MicroHD, so you will have to use an usb drive and swap it from the receiver to a computer in order to transfer a satellite file for editing. No networking features are available on the MicroHD.

Overall, it looks like the MicroHD is just another Ali receiver with a couple of extra features such as closed captioning. I am disappointed in the way this receiver has been advertised and its price. EB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree 100%!

I posted on the other forum about the misleading memory and Brian confirmed that the receiver only has 128 megabytes of RAM.

I'm sure glad I purchased the Optibox Anaconda instead. You could even order a Skybox S12 for half the cost of the MicroHD.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree 100%. The biggest problem is that there is NO Component Composite (HD) output. It does has a plug which use a conversion cable but only analog. All my TVs are HD without HDMI connector. If you try to make sugestion to the box people jump on you and they want it to crush you. Since the receiver is a ALi chip I'll call them: Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves. This is a similar scenario used by Ricks forum protecting their AZ models. To bad they dont recognize there is no a super FTA box anywhere and there is always room for improvements

4. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Thanks for that info EB, I could purchase almost 3 F3 receivers for its price.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    big b little b
    giga bits vs Bytes
    1gigabit=128MB
    The microhd is the 1st one to admit to a ali TDS os, vs the usual openbox is linux brag.
    To me the microhd if TDS looks like openbox firmware,which I then conclude is ali TDS and not real linux.
    or am I being obtuse?