Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Maybe a another connected issue of separate, but with the Anaconda connected to the TV, the TV has shut down twice. This has not happened before.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most newer televisions automatically shut down when no video is present for a certain amount of time.
    You can buy null RS232 cables at most electronics and computer stores. They are a bit harder to find than a few years ago. The file Will Not transfer unless the correct cable is used.
    Your best bet on getting this receiver fixed might be returning it or sending it to Viper. You will have to decide what you want to do. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Most newer televisions automatically shut down when no video is present for a certain amount of time.
    You can buy null RS232 cables at most electronics and computer stores. They are a bit harder to find than a few years ago. The file Will Not transfer unless the correct cable is used.
    Your best bet on getting this receiver fixed might be returning it or sending it to Viper. You will have to decide what you want to do. EB
    The TV shut down once with no picture but the second time the receiver was connected but we were watching TV. Asked about a Null modem cable at Staples when I bought the USB stick but the guy looked at me like I was talking Greek.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go to Radio Shack. They should know what a null cable is.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easily confused View Post
    The TV shut down once with no picture but the second time the receiver was connected but we were watching TV. Asked about a Null modem cable at Staples when I bought the USB stick but the guy looked at me like I was talking Greek.
    Ec, if you don't have any luck send it to me. I have one here I can ship back to you..I'll make sure it has the latest firmware and a NA sat list installed. just let me know.

click click b00m

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Going to give another shot at trying to resuscitate the Anaconda and just wanted to verify that the Raptor RS232 Recovery Loader is also the one to use on the Anaconda?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. The recovery loader for the Raptor will work for the Anaconda and Gekko.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, no success but I have seen some strange things on the front and was wondering if anyone has seen this. Right now I am looking at what appears to be an "S" followed by an "E" missing the top line of the letter, followed by a lower case "r" and followed with a lower case "n" with a - above it. Pressing the "Menu" button shows 0003, pressing "OK" shows what I just described and pressing the "OK" button again displays something else. Any idea wht these things mean?

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, you have messed with it long enough. Send it back for repair. EB

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, Thanks EB, That is just about what I had decided after all of this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast