Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    How to Upgrade Your FTA Remote
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Most fta remotes are not very good. Phillips has an inexpensive remote that can "learn" the buttons on your exisiting fta remote. The Phillips SRP5107WM is available at Walmart for under $20.00 U.S. I have found the quality of these remotes to be very good and they are built much better than my latest fta remotes. The Phillips SRP5107WM may be programmed to control up to 7 different devices and it is advertised to work with 625 different brands. I have not had any problems using this remote to control a Pansat, Openbox, or a Manhattan receiver. Programming the Phillips remote is easy. You can program the buttons on the remote in any order that you want. This makes changing fta receivers easier on you and other family members because you can program the remote buttons to have the same function instead of having to learn a different remote for every fta receiver. For example, I put the scanned satellites under the Guide button on the Phillips. Some fta remotes have the scanned satellite list under the Zoom or Size button. The only problem I have with the Phillips remote is they all look the same. It would be nice if they came in different colors so you would know which remote goes to a particular fta receiver or other device. I can get around this problem by putting an identifying mark on the remote so I know what it is supposed to control. This remote has changed the way I do things. When I get a new receiver, I program the Phillips to control it and then put the original remote in storage. Currently I have one of these remotes set up so a couple of keys control the Gbox, a couple of keys control the tv and the rest of the keys control a Pansat 9500 HDX receiver. All of this is done under 1 setting on the remote. I have 6 more settings that I could program if needed. EB
    Last edited by el bandido; 12-05-2011 at 09:31 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice, thanks EB.. Next time in I'm wally mart I'll have to check if they have that model here.

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I added a couple of manuals for this remote to post#1. EB

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    that one is now on sale in walmart for $10
    I had enough money left over to also get the RCA RCRN04GR for $9.96 in walmart.
    That is another model that has the 4 colored buttons.
    I will give them the torture test with euro firmware on the s10 later.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    you must have been lucky.
    The phillips didn't control any euro firmware,I kept my finger on the power button until gangrene set in.
    The rca is only of limited use.
    It would work with comag firmware but the colored buttons didn't work.
    neither will detect the openbox s10 (yet)
    Neither are jp1 remotes,which would be the only serious solution to matching a remote 100% with the proper .rdmu file.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no luck to it. My Phillips controls a Manhattan, Openbox, and Pansat 9500. You have to set it up correctly or it will not work.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    el bandido, can you tell me which button to use to bring up the audio function using the Philips remote for the Pansat 9500? I also noticed when in sat mode, the zero (0) button in the number pad does not work. When adding a tp and it has a zero in it, like for example 12250/V/4999, I have to enter 12249, then use the right arrow button to bump it up to 12250. Thanks for looking. Any help will be appreciated.

mengram
    11 ft solid fiberglass BUD and 24' Von Weise Actuator, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, 10 ft Channel Master TVRO Solid BUD and 24" Thompson-Saganaw Actuator, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, 8 ft mesh BUD, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, (2) 36 inch Geosat Pro KU Dishes, both have SG6000 motors, Invacom QPH-031, JSC322-2 dual KU lnb, DSR922 Motorola 4Dtv, Amiko Alien2, (2) Optibox Raptors, Eyebox X5, Pansat 9500 HDX, (2) Openbox S9 fta receivers, Manhattan-1933, & Geosat Pro HDVR 3500 22inch directtv slimline (will be using as a stationary dish). 52 inch LG Plasma, 47 inch LG 3D, Smart TV, 32 inch Coby LCD televisions. LOS 55.0W to 139.0W

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you copy the buttons to the remote or did you learn them?
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Download the user manual in post 1 and look at page 7, 3.3 "Learning button functions." Follow the instructions in 3.3 and see if it works.
    Also some IR codes cannot be stored under certain names. I did not have any trouble using this Phillips remote with the Pansat 9500. But I think I had to store everything under the SAT button.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks bud

mengram
    11 ft solid fiberglass BUD and 24' Von Weise Actuator, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, 10 ft Channel Master TVRO Solid BUD and 24" Thompson-Saganaw Actuator, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, 8 ft mesh BUD, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, (2) 36 inch Geosat Pro KU Dishes, both have SG6000 motors, Invacom QPH-031, JSC322-2 dual KU lnb, DSR922 Motorola 4Dtv, Amiko Alien2, (2) Optibox Raptors, Eyebox X5, Pansat 9500 HDX, (2) Openbox S9 fta receivers, Manhattan-1933, & Geosat Pro HDVR 3500 22inch directtv slimline (will be using as a stationary dish). 52 inch LG Plasma, 47 inch LG 3D, Smart TV, 32 inch Coby LCD televisions. LOS 55.0W to 139.0W

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast