1. Collapse Details
    RTMP streams using nStreamPlayer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Tried using it on the Raptor, but some how I only managed to mess up my usb stick. I guess you have to use Telnet to install the IPK plugin. But, telnet is not working with my XP 64. Will try with Win7 and post later on progress. No reason why this shouldn't work on other receivers running E2. This is basically what Mountaineer posted earlier in the Internettv+ thread, thanks. I added a newer version of nStreamPlayer for download. Filezilla works fine to do the uploads.

"Here is a small guide to watch RTMP streams on your Dreambox or other Enigma2 receiver by DEAD_MAN_WALKING.

What you need:

nstream player plugin 0.3

Download from 4shared: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

rtmpgw linux binaries for dreambox:

rtmpgw start-stop-restart script:

nstream.xml stream list
    Download sample from 4shared: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Intallation step-by-step:

1. Install nstream player plugin on your box
    2. Extract rtmpgw.rar
    - copy rtmpgw to your box to /usr/bin folder and chmod it 755
    - copy librtmp.so.0 to to /usr/lib
    3. Edit your nstream.xml file and copy it to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/nStreamPlayer folder (you can use the sample with 3 streams)
    4. copy the start stop script to your /usr/script (or /usr/camscript) directory and chmod it 755
    5. start the script from your cam manager (cam named rtmpgw) or manually from telnet:
    Code:

/usr/script/rtmpgw_cam.sh start

6. start nstream player and start watching.

Note: use only stable streams in your nstream.xml file. rtmpgw sometimes stuck when you zap to a dead stream. When this happens, you must exit from the plugin and restart rtmpgw with the script from the cam manager or manually:
    Code:

/usr/script/rtmpgw_cam.sh restart

Some streams encoded with VP6.2 flash codec, you cannot watch them on the Dreambox.

You can watch also http and rtsp streams with nstream player."
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by eastof111; 10-26-2012 at 03:17 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    An E2 plugin may be installed in the Raptor while running E2 on the front usb stick.
    Put the .ipk plugin file on another usb stick and insert it into the rear of the receiver. Then go into extensions and load the .ipk file IF it is not recognized by the receiver when you inert the usb stick.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Instead of the usb stick, I used my internal drive, then went to plugins>software management>install extensions and it found it and installed it. But later, uploading the other files, it messed up the usb stick and it started looping while booting. So, have to reinstall E2 again to test some more later, after I finish some recordings.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, tried telnet to install but looks like it's a no go for me on this particular plugin. Too bad, was kind of looking forward to testing this plugin with live urls.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ran into reboot problem myself. Can only run E2 on stick with anaconda. Seems strange that optibox FW is linux as is E2. i do not see why there isn't more cross over with functionality. Why doesn't optibox firmware have web interface andstreaming....why doesn't E2 have some sort of plug in for rtmp? It is not as if it is two different systems one linux one windows..... if optibox FW had streaming I'd only use it.....if E2 had rmpt player I'd only use it....if either allowed for usb tuner support I'd crap on the floor. Thanks for you testing East...keep me informed.