Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Chip ID Clone?
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Last edited by TurboPirate; 12-31-2012 at 09:08 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really no body??

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is this time bomb supposed to do?

There has not been a firmware update for these receivers for a very long time. IMO, find a firmware that works good for you and do not waste time looking for any updates because there are not any. There probably will not be any more updates for the S12 in the future. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard about that clone kill nonsense with the Openbox S9. There was a method to find the chip id in one of the hidden menus. My chip ID matched one of the numbers. I believe that could have been for certain manufacturers protecting their firmware. Not sure how many people make openboxes or which companies are legit since they are mostly if not all in China. Sounds like a similar story to all of the S9 clone kill drama from way back.

The clone kill was supposed to render the box useless. (although I am sure one could recover using the serial port) maybe somebody was trying to brick boxes so they could sell the next model. Hahahhaahah
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If your box is not on the list or if you have any doubt that it maybe a clone DO NOT UPDATE THE BOX ANYMORE. The clone kill software will give you 9 times to do Updates and at the number 10 a message wil appear that you a clone. Whenever you disconnect the box again from the power line it wil NOT power up again ever and you will loose it.

How to identify clone Ali3602 HD Receiver (updated on Apr.18,2012)Dear consumers :
    If you have an Ali3602 HD Receiver like SKYBOX S9, S10, S11, S12...there is a method to identify if it is original (quality goods) or clone.

Before identify , please backup your old software on the box by usb.

enter menu---tool---information---press "8888" key, now you will see CHIP ID . If the box CHIP ID is in the chip_id_list, congratulatation, your HD Receiver is original version! You can upgrade any new firmware to experience more new functions. Otherwise, You Box is clone version , please recover the software with the old version! This software will kill the clone box when power on over 10 times. If less than 10 times, no kill for clone verion.
    the chip_id_list is the following, it will update everyday: (updated date :18/04/2012)

00D0
    00EA
    085B
    0D0C
    98A1
    98F2
    9CF4
    9D1A
    0D7E
    38EC
    10AA

113C

14D5

15AE

15CB

15FA

When you buy a new box , try to view the chip_id_list on this http page. If you can not find the valid "CHIP ID" on the chip_id_list, it means your box is a clone box.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    At worst, about all a clone kill could do is erase the chip. Loading the firmware through the RS232 should bring it back.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    At worst, about all a clone kill could do is erase the chip. Loading the firmware through the RS232 should bring it back.
    I have an S10 clone that I wasnt aware off. About the 10rd time I loaded a firm version, suddenly I begin to receive the CLONE message in my screen. The very first day I unplugged the box from the power line. When I plugged back the box was dead. No power up at all, no lights on the front panel, no "ON" or BOOT . Absolutely dead. No way to load anything using the RS232. Even, I tried many times to load it w/out luck. Using another S10 I was able to trouble shoot that the main board was fried. So I guess the clone kill does more than erase the chip. It will probably wipe out anything written on making the chip and the board useless.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carlos is the power supply supplying voltage to the board?
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob311 View Post
    Carlos is the power supply supplying voltage to the board?
    Yes, it was. I have a couple of S10, so I begin swapping boards between each one. The dead clone power supply and other board worked ok when I swapped them to the other S10. When I move the main board from the dead S10 to a good one it was completely dead, not power up at all. I purchased a new S10 main board for aroud $40 which came with the Tuner and ethernet board in. I intalled it when I received it and the problem was solved.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    .................................................. ..........
    Last edited by TurboPirate; 12-31-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast