1. Collapse Details
    Openbox S9 Diseqc motor setup
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I have never been able to set this up. The problem is when I switch the position from USALS to Diseqc the dish automatically moves to wherever it wants. There are 63 positions and I am unable to switch it and bump the dish in the menu. Any techniques that anyone uses would be much appreciated. This is pretty much the only receiver that is difficult to setup this function for me.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    On 1.2 diseqc o ption You need to store each sat position one by one before to

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    well my mount is off a bit so the only way I can think to store positions is to disconnect the coax when the sat is set to position and then switch it from USALS to DISEQC and hit store. Then try to bump the motor from there. Doesn't seem very efficient.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe that 's will work .but make sure each sat to be on different number .Example 61w -position number&save 1 ,
    72w -position number&save 2 .... etc . 83w -number 3 ....

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya, the main problem I have is when I switch to diseqc it automatically moves the dish. Most receivers it will not automatically move and it will allow you to store a position. I only have like 12 positions I need to setup.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have that box and its pain in the a..s ,when have to store entire my arc . from 15w till 113w KU bands
    Usually I manyalli find each bird moving the dish with west-east buton ,then store the position

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob311 View Post
    Ya, the main problem I have is when I switch to diseqc it automatically moves the dish. Most receivers it will not automatically move and it will allow you to store a position. I only have like 12 positions I need to setup.
    What type of motor are you using? it sounds like the Diseqc 1.2 positions have already been stored in the motor so you need to erase them first. Then the motor will not move when you select diseqc 1.2.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its an SG2100 I think. I remember now you noted that the positions are stored inside the motor right? How do I go about erasing them? Would I be able to use the same position numbers in each receiver and then not have to change them?

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    the positions are stored in the receiver , not in the motor, If you want to reset the moto r ,just move it with the manual buton east-west to ZERO on the mark and then reset with a thin pin in the hole. .THAT s help if you want a use USALS optoin ,when the zeroed motor is the import ,but not in the 1.2 disekqc .
    2 days ago Iput my FLU for accurate blInd scanning 22w Ku , AND IT MESS MY ENTIRE STORED POSITION on the openbox . I had nightmare all day to restore all my positions..

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Diseqc 1.2 positions are stored in the motor so they may be transferred to different receivers.

Information on how to clear the stored positions should be in the owner's manual for the motor. Some receivers will allow you to clear all stored positions too. Look in the S9 diseqc 1.2 menu or the receiver's owner's manual.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.