1. Collapse Details
    No video after flashing with old firmware
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I flash to an old firmware and after it burn to flash it reboot than went to "--" on the receiver and nothing on the tv. Tried Vformat nothing changed.

Help

Gary

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    it sounds like maybe you will need to recover the box with the rs232 port. That happened to me once.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried that and still get same thing, any suggestion.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, sounds familiar. It happened to my S9 also. Had to use the RS232 port and my laptop to recover the unit. Don't give up if the first recovery doesn't work. I had to do it about ten times before the receiver came back to life.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    got any older style tv stil around ? use Av conntection so you can see what you did is use a firmware that is booted in 1080 50 and has no channels list thats why when your hitting v format its not doing anything....

when you use the 232 from you computer did you keep try to put back the firmware you had been using?

that is a way go back to computer if your flash stick has your hds2 dump on it use that to write back with the 232

or if you have another firmware that you know has channel list in it you could use that tow rite back then when your computer is done go to tv

now after it boots if still no picture you can hit v format button each time till it scrolls to 1080 i 60 and wal you will see somthing

there is another way to recover out of pal with your remote that does work its letting the box re boot again from scratch then you have to hit the right button on your remote and then it gets you out into 1080 60 i read this a while ago i did it it works just have to make sure your close to box and hit the right buttons

Blind man's instuctions if using OpenBox HD outputs and stuck in non-supported mode
    This is for the guys that use HDMI or component HD outputs and accidentally get stuck in a non-supported mode like 50Hz PAL modes. Full credit goes to Ed B. for this, I did not write it. Thanks Ed!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Openbox S-9 FTA Receiver

Recovering out of PAL Mode when using HDMI, 1080i_60 Hi Res and YUV Video

Accidently pressing the V. FORMAT button may force you into PAL 50 hz mode w/ BLACK screen, only.

BLIND Procedure to regain normal video using remote, and aimed carefully at the receiver:

Turn off rear pwr switch, then press pwr on to re-boot; allow ~20 sec for full boot (norm 17-18 sec)

On Remote, carefully press only the following keys in exact order

Press MENU [stops at Edit Ch.]

Press DN arrow 2x [stops at Sys Setup]

Press OK [stops at Language step]

Press DN arrow 1x [Enter TV Sys mode]

Press OK [Enter Video Res mode]

Press RIGHT arrow and pause (up to 8x) for 1080i_60 (or 720p_60); see the on screen video menu

Press EXIT 3x to view normal channel hi-res video

Good luck this should get you back on your feet TunaDude !

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had to load it about 12 times then it toke it.

Thanks for help