Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    X2 HD 12/5 firmware discussion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I loaded up the new firmware tonight and noticed a few changes. The motor control seems to work for the most part. There have been a few minor glitches but it seems to switch better now.

They separated the USALS and Diseqc menus in Antenna Setting.

The dish no longer takes off randomly in the Diseqc setting screen however:

There is a glitch when fine tuning the motor in the Diseqc setting the signal meter drops to 0 when you move the dish a step, normally it would come back up but it stays at 0. you have to back out of the setting screen and go back in to get a live reading. This makes it very difficult to fine tune the dish.

They changed the name in the user define lnb setting to USER LNB.

This may be the best firmware so far.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I updated and did not have any problem with the motor and switch. I only had to fine tune a few sats , I had no problem with the signal. I find it to be the best so far.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    So is everyone in agreement that this new file has fixed the motor issues? or

click click b00m

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The minor glitches are being working out but looks like they fixed the motor isues. Something good is coming!

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to reset my SG2100 tomorrow and make sure the motor is dead nuts and then I am going to re input my settings and make sure that it works as well as my openbox does. I had it working OK but my mount is off so I need to reset everything and try again. It did work better but when I first tried it out with the old diseqc settings it seemed to not work but I am going to test it tomorrow.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Note about the motor setting in X2 hd, it only will take 30 satellite position.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya I keep asking them to make it at least 60 or so. Hopefully they can increase the number. I found another glitch when using the dual lnb user define setting. I had it scanning 58w in 5150/10750 mode and it scanned in a whole polarity of cband transponders using Ku band calculations.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have not gotten it to work. I use my Geosatpro to lock on 97W then hook up the X2 and do a scan. I can scan the channels, but I am unable to move the dish to any other satellites. I use the other receiver to move my dish to 95W. I can use the X2 to scan in the channels, but the dish will not move back to 97w. I'm using the NA list from this site and have tried to access several other satellites without any success. I'll play with it more next weekend.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Norman are you running the 12/5 firmware? Were you able to enter your Latitude and Longitude in the USALS menu? I just fine tuned my motorized Ku dish and reset it and it is tracking consistently now. Haven't had any switching issues. Just some scanning glitches I have noticed.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greetings,

Yes, I am running the 12/5 firmware. I had the previous version working for 16 different satellites, but none matched their correct orbital slot except 87W. I simply used their actual position for their name to ID them correctly. I have not been able to get my dish to move at all with the 12/5 firmware. I have entered my local coordinates for USALS.

I will try some more testing later in the week and post my results here.

Thanks,
    Norman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast