Thread: Eyebox X5

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Can you give an example of the channel info shown? Does it have manual pid entry?
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they mixed up the specs..The X5 is Linux based but not a dual boot machine.

The one I have came direct from X Square Technology and included a USB WiFi adapter and came with a NA plug and auto detects your system, so booted right into NTSC with no issues.

It does scan fast and catches low SR transponders, the IR sensor is weak or not adjusted properly so the Remote control is sluggish for sure.

Software Updates direct from the internet works very well, most of the internet functions work but with some limitations,,IE weather forecast has only major city's.

The GUI is very nice and all the information that we look for is there such as HD,SD resolution, PID and manual entry ect ect.

The satellite list was a mess, out of date and not in any order..Costa was nice enough to send his list after scanning to save me much time.

They are working on a North American list with links I provided and an editor for you PC that they do not have at the moment.

It does need some work and they need to remove the IKS crap so they can import to NA! I am told they are doing just that.

Once they fix a few issues I feel it will be a good box.

BTW I should add this is an EyeBox X5 both the same But I think X Square Technology had to change the name..

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here you go Rob:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. Likes rrob311 liked this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many motorized sat positions can you put in it? Most FTA boxes max out at 64. I need more. 99 would be nice to match the positioner boxes out there.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't maxed it out but it will accomodate more then 64.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where can I get one of these?
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes this eyebox/open box is making me want one to.

if the c band is blind scanning in 1minute or less and not missing stuff I hope the ku band is as accurate and also fast as well... maybe if either Costactc or ViP3R who has this eyebox can try a couple of ku sats out?

my spread of ku is good 72 83 85 87 89 91 93 95 97 99 101 103 105 ku im interested in 87 89 91 99 105 ku

87w ku if you can time it and can see if the pbs baton rouge blind scanned in and the ktel channel

these can get missed on 87w for me a lot when I blind scan pbs colors bars is 11802 h 1205 and ktel 12011 h 2169 and how long it takes to blind scan 87w ku. with the rest of the channels t hat come in.

89w ku this sat when you blind scan it many times during the day a lot in the morning and late afternoon there are 8 tp that are active off and on one is the Nebraska local many of us see at night and the weekends. 12192 h 2185

A lot of times I blind scan 89w and even though I have quality on 1 or 2 or even more of these 12192 h tp the open box skips right over them maybe the eye box blind scans them in when there active?

the tp are 12195h ,12192, 12188, 12185, 12182, 12178,12168 12163h all 2185symbol rates and on 89w it seems to take for ever in time to blind scan like 6 or 7 minutes with the open box so how long for eyebox

91w ku to see how much time on this sat mainly this sat at times finds a lot of feeds 6111 symbol rates 3978 symnbol rates no issue except time 4 to 5 minutes

93w ku this sat also seems to drag its ass in blind scan time takes for ever to go through the h side first not that it finds anything takes 7or 8 minutes somtimes

99w ku this is also a lot of feeds just want to see the speed on this one as well for me on the open box is around 3 to 3 and half minutes

105 w ku not so much for speed rather will it find the echo star itc channel that's hard to blind scan in on 105w ku 12123 h 1000

I hope you get these in soon to buy sounds like finaly a box that will blind scan fast and accurate that's all I want in box not to miss stuff thats there and not to take so much time in the blind scan it makes you miss the feeds! 1 or even 2 minutes will kick ass for me in a box
    Last edited by TunaDude; 01-20-2013 at 08:30 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you do not want to miss feeds then get a good dual lnb that works well with two receivers powered on at the same time. You could have one receiver blind scanning while watching the other receiver.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not at home at the moment and won't be till the weekend. If I get a chance I'll slap the eyebox x5 on my ku band feed to test out some of those tp mentioned but only in a few days.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sells for $42.50 at MixeShop ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ])

I might just purchase one.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast