Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    So, who would want a receiver with only 2 rows of vents, or 3, or 5, when you can have 8 rows of vents! LOL! Though, I have to admit, I do like the 5 rows of vents on the HDD cover!
    AZBox Ultra HD, Amiko Mini HD265 + Amiko 8x1, 4x1 DiSEqC, 22KHz switches
    80cm: 30w, 34.5w / 80cm: 117w, 123w / 80cm: 97w, 103w, 110w / 80cm: 99w, 105w / 75e: 87w, 91w, 97w / 60e: 101w / 60e: 125w, 129w / 60e: 107.3W, 111.1W (Shaw Direct)
    Avatar: 2008 setup 61.5w, 72w or 74w (selectable), 79w, 87w

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Brannen View Post
    So, who would want a receiver with only 2 rows of vents, or 3, or 5, when you can have 8 rows of vents! LOL! Though, I have to admit, I do like the 5 rows of vents on the HDD cover!
    more the merrier i say

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    it was.
    but there are a few places selling them couple here
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    OK.
    Your first link goes to an advertisement from 2009. Google translated it for me and I copied the translation below. The advertised price was $420 Euro which would bring it to around $500.00 U.S. if there is a shipping charge.

"Thursday, November 19, 2009
    AZBOX Premium HD + Dual DVB-S2 tuner

As we suspected, AZBOX well prepared for a new version of its popular AZBOX Premium HD AZBOX as the Premium HD +. The new version will be completely different from the first because the motherboard will be larger. On the other hand, the case will propose a hatch on the top of the unit for easier access to the location of the internal hard disk. As on the previous model, the location on the hard disk will be mounted on anti-vibration pads to reduce noise writing. Finally, there will be a priori no internal fan.

Price: about 420 € "

Your second link goes to a China website that starts out with the AZBox with all the extra top vents. That is the only time they show that picture. When you scroll on down, you will see Receiver pictures of the AZBox that are identical to mine.
    My guess is this AZBox Premium Plus does not exist except in pictures, but I have no way to prove that.
    I do know you have to watch China advertisers very closely because what they send you may only resemble what was in the picture.
    About $300.00 U.S. shipped for your second link. I did not pay near that for mine! EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    more the merrier i say
    no, no, no, more is not better if your receiver has a fan, you want the fan to pull the air over the parts that get hot so you put the vents over the parts that need to be cooled,
    all the extra vents will take away from this.

5. Likes rrob311 liked this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iq180 View Post
    no, no, no, more is not better if your receiver has a fan, you want the fan to pull the air over the parts that get hot so you put the vents over the parts that need to be cooled, all the extra vents will take away from this.
    True, as long as there are enough to do the job, and I don't recall offhand heating issues with the Premium Plus, or with the unit I have, the Ultra HD. Only issues I recall hearing about have been after the installation of a HDD (and, of course, that depends on the type of HDD installed), therefore, my comment about the HDD cover vents. Of course, the number it has probably would be overkill and might detract from the air flow of the rest of the unit, but a couple of rows would have helped for those with a problem.
    AZBox Ultra HD, Amiko Mini HD265 + Amiko 8x1, 4x1 DiSEqC, 22KHz switches
    80cm: 30w, 34.5w / 80cm: 117w, 123w / 80cm: 97w, 103w, 110w / 80cm: 99w, 105w / 75e: 87w, 91w, 97w / 60e: 101w / 60e: 125w, 129w / 60e: 107.3W, 111.1W (Shaw Direct)
    Avatar: 2008 setup 61.5w, 72w or 74w (selectable), 79w, 87w

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Brannen View Post
    True, as long as there are enough to do the job, and I don't recall offhand heating issues with the Premium Plus, or with the unit I have, the Ultra HD. Only issues I recall hearing about have been after the installation of a HDD (and, of course, that depends on the type of HDD installed), therefore, my comment about the HDD cover vents. Of course, the number it has probably would be overkill and might detract from the air flow of the rest of the unit, but a couple of rows would have helped for those with a problem.
    the arswer to the HDD heat problem is a simple fix, at the back of the HDD tray you need to drill some air holes, not in the cover or the
    case, just the tray, if you take off the HDD cover and look at the back of the tray with the HDD still in it you will see there is no way for
    air to pass over the HDD, putting some air holes in the tray will fix it.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    el bandido you have had a few days to play with the azbox, what do you think of it, good or bad.
    i have had my azbox 4 years now, i buy new receivers but nothing i buy can replace my azbox, this could just be me,lol.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    el bandido you have had a few days to play with the azbox, what do you think of it, good or bad.
    i have had my azbox 4 years now, i buy new receivers but nothing i buy can replace my azbox, this could just be me,lol.
    If 4:2:2 is not a must for you,, then the Raptor will replace that azbox easy.

click click b00m

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ViP3R View Post
    If 4:2:2 is not a must for you,, then the Raptor will replace that azbox easy.
    so what will it do that my azbox want do, does it have YouTube, movie player, music player, photo viewer, file manager, ftp client,
    RSS news, WEB Browser, and the option to add Plugins, like, I radio, Weather Forecast, google map, Streamrip, webcamviwer, LiveFeeds,
    ok i will stop at that before i get in trouble,LOL.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    so what will it do that my azbox want do, does it have YouTube, movie player, music player, photo viewer, file manager, ftp client,
    RSS news, WEB Browser, and the option to add Plugins, like, I radio, Weather Forecast, google map, Streamrip, webcamviwer, LiveFeeds,
    ok i will stop at that before i get in trouble,LOL.
    Yes to most and more. and you can also install an internal hard drive,,It a huge beast, well built and very hard to kill..you may also load various firmwares from other compatible boxes that offers many different features,,some work well, some not as well..Best box I have ever owned.

Ask EB..LOL..have a look at the Raptor forums for more info..

I should add this is all done by the main operating system and you have the option of installing enigma2 for a second operating system to expand even more.
    Last edited by ViP3R; 03-15-2013 at 02:27 PM.

click click b00m