Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ViP3R View Post
    I don't see any proof of clones here apart from some holes in a case for ventilation, and you have accused some web stores in this thread with zero proof that they are selling clones.
    As stated, there are other differences as well but we won't post them publicly in order to avoid them being corrected in the next clone version.
    In addition to the physical differences, the serial number of each counterfeit unit being analysed was checked with OpenSat who confirmed that they are invalid.

If you look at any genuine AzBox Premium HD Plus unit, I can guarantee you that you won't be able to find one with the ventilation holes like the counterfeit units have.

Regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwrsurge View Post
    As stated, there are other differences as well but we won't post them publicly in order to avoid these differences being corrected in the next clone version.
    In addition to the physical differences, the serial number of each counterfeit unit being analysed was checked with OpenSat who confirmed that they are invalid.

If you look at any genuine AzBox Premium HD Plus unit, I can guarantee you that you won't be able to find one with the ventilation holes like the counterfeit units have.

Regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada
    I understand that..and as stated there are other ways, such as securing your firmware properly. Rather than trying to kill a box that may well be very legit..parden the pun..

And if you are not willing to show all the proof, then you should not be pointing out stores with the lack of it.

I understand you are trying to protect your Brand in Canada.. but it should be done the proper way, otherwise the Azbox name will suffer from this.

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    As stated, there are other differences as well but we won't post them publicly in order to avoid them being corrected in the next clone version.

Regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada
    Uh, how are they cloning these units at all if they haven't gotten there hands on a "legitimate" unit?

Also, any counterfeiter could purchase a unit to copy.

By not releasing any info you are, again, going after the end user who will probably go out and purchase another clone.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ViP3R View Post
    I would advise all Azbox owners to stay with their current firmware...Simply do Not update...as the new firmware will NOT fix any issues of your box...but perhaps harm or KILL the box you payed hard earned money for.
    This should NOT be a concern as we will thoroughly test the new firmware on a variety of units before releasing it. If it ever occurs that the new firmware causes issues on a genuine unit, we at AzBox Canada will repair or replace the unit FREE OF CHARGE INCLUDING SHIPPING, regardless of warranty status or where the unit was purchased from.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This should NOT be a concern as we will thoroughly test the new firmware on a variety of units before releasing it. If it ever occurs that the new firmware causes issues on a genuine unit, we at AzBox Canada will repair or replace the unit FREE OF CHARGE INCLUDING SHIPPING, regardless of warranty status or where the unit was purchased from.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada
    That's all well and good,, but this will not help innocent people who have bought a clone unknown to them and now have a dead box.

click click b00m

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    We perfectly understand everyone's concerns about potentially impacting genuine AzBox units as well which is why new firmware updates will only disable clones if they can be identified 100% via software. At this moment, we are still analysing a counterfeit unit internally and if we are unable to find a 100% accurate way of identifying it via software, we will simply display an alert message to the user and prevent certain components from being used instead.

Distributing the firmware via a secure site won't do much as someone will eventually upload the firmware on one of those free file sharing websites if they are forced to create an account before being able to download the update. Having online only updates also is not an option as not everyone has their box connected to the Internet or even have Internet access where the receiver is being used.

Please note that AzBox Canada is the exclusive authorised distributor of AzBox products for the Canadian market and does NOT sell directly to the consumer but via its authorised dealers. We decided not to release a public document outlining all the differences between the Premium HD Plus clone v.s. authentic units like OpenSat did in the past with the Premium HD (non-plus) clones because it would allow the company importing these clones to get their Chinese factory to fix the identified differences and make it harder to identify these in the future. However, we do fully outline all these differences in a customised detailed analysis report for each person who was a victim in purchasing one of these counterfeit units once they contact us.

Regardless, we do understand that some people want to see evidence or are simply curious so we will post the most obvious difference between an AzBox Premium HD Plus authentic unit and a clone which is the layout of the ventilation holes on the top cover above the tuner cards.

Counterfeit unit --------------- Reference authentic unit

As you can see with these images, the clone unit clearly has differences with the layout of ventilation holes on the top cover
    above the tuners. The reference authentic unit on the right only has two parallel columns of 16 holes each while the clone unit on the left has three parallel columns, the first one with 16 holes and the last two with only 6 holes each.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada
    why would you post this wrong info with these pic, yes i did say wrong, you did not think you could slip that past me did you,
    i dont understand what you are trying to do here.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    We perfectly understand everyone's concerns about potentially impacting genuine AzBox units as well which is why new firmware updates will only disable clones if they can be identified 100% via software. At this moment, we are still analysing a counterfeit unit internally and if we are unable to find a 100% accurate way of identifying it via software, we will simply display an alert message to the user and prevent certain components from being used instead.

Distributing the firmware via a secure site won't do much as someone will eventually upload the firmware on one of those free file sharing websites if they are forced to create an account before being able to download the update. Having online only updates also is not an option as not everyone has their box connected to the Internet or even have Internet access where the receiver is being used.

Please note that AzBox Canada is the exclusive authorised distributor of AzBox products for the Canadian market and does NOT sell directly to the consumer but via its authorised dealers. We decided not to release a public document outlining all the differences between the Premium HD Plus clone v.s. authentic units like OpenSat did in the past with the Premium HD (non-plus) clones because it would allow the company importing these clones to get their Chinese factory to fix the identified differences and make it harder to identify these in the future. However, we do fully outline all these differences in a customised detailed analysis report for each person who was a victim in purchasing one of these counterfeit units once they contact us.

Regardless, we do understand that some people want to see evidence or are simply curious so we will post the most obvious difference between an AzBox Premium HD Plus authentic unit and a clone which is the layout of the ventilation holes on the top cover above the tuner cards.

As you can see with these images, the clone unit clearly has differences with the layout of ventilation holes on the top cover
    above the tuners. The reference authentic unit on the right only has two parallel columns of 16 holes each while the clone unit on the left has three parallel columns, the first one with 16 holes and the last two with only 6 holes each.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada
    i was not going say any more about this but the members here need to know this, from what i have seen of a clone and a true azbox the
    pic on the left is a true azbox and the one on the right is a clone, now this could have changed in the past year, i dont know,

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iq180 View Post
    i was not going say any more about this but the members here need to know this, from what i have seen of a clone and a true azbox the pic on the left is a true azbox and the one on the right is a clone, now this could have changed in the past year, i dont know,
    Really? Then please explain why the pictures that Opensat had on their [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] website shows otherwise?!?

Even though azbox.com is currently under construction, the site can still be accessed as it was in the past [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] which is a website archiving most websites over time around the world. The following are pictures of an authentic AzBox Premium HD Plus unit straight from the source, Opensat's AzBox.com website as of October of 2012 and the entire website can be viewed at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If you look closely on the top left of the unit in these pictures, you can clearly see two identical rows of ventilation holes. Furthermore, the fan in rear panel picture clearly matches our authentic units.

So far, it appears that all the Premium HD Plus units with 3 rows of vents came from Rick's. We even contacted all authorised European AzBox distributors and from who we have heard from so far, none of them have ever heard of a new version of the Premium HD Plus with 3 rows of vents.

Regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada
    Last edited by pwrsurge; 03-03-2013 at 11:08 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mr. Power Surge,

I bought one of your genuine miniMe receivers from Dr. Sat after reading numerous posts from you stating it was customized for N.A., did not have any of the problems of the ME, and was ready to go right out of the box. This was not true, the mimiMe was riddled with problems. All you did was post work arounds, but no fixes. All of your effort and work to attack clones should be put toward fixing the receivers instead of breaking them.

10. Likes rrob311 liked this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Just the az box mini me importer drama of his box getting cloned according this person here at legit aka powrsg of the real north amercian approved official special editon of the az box Canada mini me is warning us not to buy this box elsewhere cause it might be a cheap clone !

thanks for warning us at legit BUT after pixl PAID for your imported mini me maybe its not even worth the price of eggs in china even to talk about clones cause if the original does not live up to a good pixl review then who cares if they make clones of a crapy box!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast