Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by hags View Post
    I was trying to come across as tongue in cheek w/o getting rude.

If there are in fact clones that are so distinguishable from the real deal let's see them side by side as a service to your customers as well as others.

Otherwise I get what people are saying, someone maybe wants to be the sole source for these units.
    Oh, Yes I recognized the sarcasm of your post right away..and appreciated it.

PW should understand that killing someone elses property may and should make him liable for the cost of the box to the person who bought an AZ not knowing if it was a clone or not.

Does he really think that when he kills someones box and offers a small discount for a genuine, that those people would actually buy something from him/drsat ?

There are other way's to secure your firmware rather than hurting innocent users that had no idea that they had a clone/ if they did.

As other have posted, concentrate on fixing issues!

If we don't see proof or some solid evidence and explanation here then this will be closed as nothing more than a sales pitch or rumor.

click click b00m

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    I think there is some good information here. IMO, the majority of what I have read in this thread is not a good idea. Let me explain why.

(1) Somebody produces a receiver which gets copied or cloned.
    (2) A clone kill firmware is released to destroy the copied or cloned receivers.
    (3) AzBox receivers that are copied or cloned are adversely affected, including some genuine AzBox receivers being disabled by the clone kill firmware.

The clone kill firmware is the way things were done years ago. Is this the best AzBox can do?
    Why not tighten up how the firmware is distributed? The AzBox could be updated over the internet or over a satellite as other developers have done.
    Why try to destroy a receiver? The anti-clone firmware could be designed to not run except in genuine or designated receivers.

Post some evidence:
    All I have seen so far in this thread is one salesman saying not to buy from another salesman. I have yet to see the first clone picture posted here.
    Where are ALL the pictures of the clones and where are the pictures of genuine receivers so people can compare them now?
    Where is any evidence at all? Be fair and post some evidence instead of just posting a list of distributors and saying they are the bad guys!

I do not support clones, and as far as I know, I do not own any clones.
    A few years ago, I had a genuine receiver with all of the correct manufacturer markings that was disabled by anti-clone firmware. How would you feel if that happened to you?

IMO, trying to destroy a piece of equipment that you did not pay for does not make any sense. This clone kill firmware may end up hurting AzBox more than it hurts the illegal receivers. Especially if the illegal receivers produce a way to recover a disabled receiver. EB
    We perfectly understand everyone's concerns about potentially impacting genuine AzBox units as well which is why new firmware updates will only disable clones if they can be identified 100% via software. At this moment, we are still analysing a counterfeit unit internally and if we are unable to find a 100% accurate way of identifying it via software, we will simply display an alert message to the user and prevent certain components from being used instead.

Distributing the firmware via a secure site won't do much as someone will eventually upload the firmware on one of those free file sharing websites if they are forced to create an account before being able to download the update. Having online only updates also is not an option as not everyone has their box connected to the Internet or even have Internet access where the receiver is being used.

Please note that AzBox Canada is the exclusive authorised distributor of AzBox products for the Canadian market and does NOT sell directly to the consumer but via its authorised dealers. We decided not to release a public document outlining all the differences between the Premium HD Plus clone v.s. authentic units like OpenSat did in the past with the Premium HD (non-plus) clones because it would allow the company importing these clones to get their Chinese factory to fix the identified differences and make it harder to identify these in the future. However, we do fully outline all these differences in a customised detailed analysis report for each person who was a victim in purchasing one of these counterfeit units once they contact us.

Regardless, we do understand that some people want to see evidence or are simply curious so we will post the most obvious difference between an AzBox Premium HD Plus authentic unit and a clone which is the layout of the ventilation holes on the top cover above the tuner cards.

Counterfeit unit --------------- Reference authentic unit

As you can see with these images, the clone unit clearly has differences with the layout of ventilation holes on the top cover
    above the tuners. The reference authentic unit on the right only has two parallel columns of 16 holes each while the clone unit on the left has three parallel columns, the first one with 16 holes and the last two with only 6 holes each.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada
    Last edited by pwrsurge; 02-11-2013 at 06:59 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the clone has better ventilation. Maybe you should copy it into your genuine version.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwrsurge View Post
    We perfectly understand everyone's concerns about potentially impacting genuine AzBox units as well which is why new firmware updates will only disable clones if they can be identified 100% via software. At this moment, we are still analysing a counterfeit unit internally and if we are unable to find a 100% accurate way of identifying it via software, we will simply display an alert message to the user and prevent certain components from being used instead.

Distributing the firmware via a secure site won't do much as someone will eventually upload the firmware on one of those free file sharing websites if they are forced to create an account before being able to download the update. Having online only updates also is not an option as not everyone has their box connected to the Internet or even have Internet access where the receiver is being used.

Please note that AzBox Canada is the exclusive authorised distributor of AzBox products for the Canadian market and does NOT sell directly to the consumer but via its authorised dealers. We decided not to release a public document outlining all the differences between the Premium HD Plus clone v.s. authentic units like OpenSat did in the past with the Premium HD (non-plus) clones because it would allow the company importing these clones to get their Chinese factory to fix the identified differences and make it harder to identify these in the future. However, we do fully outline all these differences in a customised detailed analysis report for each person who was a victim in purchasing one of these counterfeit units once they contact us.

Regardless, we do understand that some people want to see evidence or are simply curious so we will post the most obvious difference between an AzBox Premium HD Plus authentic unit and a clone which is the layout of the ventilation holes on the top cover above the tuner cards.

As you can see with these images, the clone unit clearly has differences with the layout of ventilation holes on the top cover
    above the tuners. The reference authentic unit on the right only has two parallel columns of 16 holes each while the clone unit on the left has three parallel columns, the first one with 16 holes and the last two with only 6 holes each.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada
    I don't see any proof of clones here apart from some holes in a case for ventilation, and you have accused some web stores in this thread with zero proof that they are selling clones.

We at Legit do not condone clones to be clear.

In saying that, since you have stated the next firmware will possibly contain a kill code or message..

I would advise all Azbox owners to stay with their current firmware...Simply do Not update...as the new firmware will NOT fix any issues of your box...but perhaps harm or KILL the box you payed hard earned money for.

click click b00m

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixl View Post
    Looks like the clone has better ventilation.
    Actually it doesn't. The ventilation holes are supposed to be right on top of the two tuner slots as the tuners can get hot when in use. The counterfeit version only has proper ventilation holes above one of the two tuner slots.

Regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ViP3R View Post
    I don't see any proof of clones here apart from some holes in a case for ventilation, and you have accused some web stores in this thread with zero proof that they are selling clones.
    As stated, there are other differences as well but we won't post them publicly in order to avoid them being corrected in the next clone version.
    In addition to the physical differences, the serial number of each counterfeit unit being analysed was checked with OpenSat who confirmed that they are invalid.

If you look at any genuine AzBox Premium HD Plus unit, I can guarantee you that you won't be able to find one with the ventilation holes like the counterfeit units have.

Regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ViP3R View Post
    I would advise all Azbox owners to stay with their current firmware...Simply do Not update...as the new firmware will NOT fix any issues of your box...but perhaps harm or KILL the box you payed hard earned money for.
    This should NOT be a concern as we will thoroughly test the new firmware on a variety of units before releasing it. If it ever occurs that the new firmware causes issues on a genuine unit, we at AzBox Canada will repair or replace the unit FREE OF CHARGE INCLUDING SHIPPING, regardless of warranty status or where the unit was purchased from.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    As stated, there are other differences as well but we won't post them publicly in order to avoid these differences being corrected in the next clone version.
    In addition to the physical differences, the serial number of each counterfeit unit being analysed was checked with OpenSat who confirmed that they are invalid.

If you look at any genuine AzBox Premium HD Plus unit, I can guarantee you that you won't be able to find one with the ventilation holes like the counterfeit units have.

Regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada
    I understand that..and as stated there are other ways, such as securing your firmware properly. Rather than trying to kill a box that may well be very legit..parden the pun..

And if you are not willing to show all the proof, then you should not be pointing out stores with the lack of it.

I understand you are trying to protect your Brand in Canada.. but it should be done the proper way, otherwise the Azbox name will suffer from this.

click click b00m

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mr Power Surge,

Since you are on this board tonight, how about explaining what I asked earlier in the thread. You seem to have skipped over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixl View Post
    Mr. Power Surge,

I bought one of your genuine miniMe receivers from Dr. Sat after reading numerous posts from you stating it was customized for N.A., did not have any of the problems of the ME, and was ready to go right out of the box. This was not true, the mimiMe was riddled with problems. All you did was post work arounds, but no fixes. All of your effort and work to attack clones should be put toward fixing the receivers instead of breaking them.
    You promised the miniMe would work out of the box.
    You promised the issues would be fixed.
    You promise a lot, but don't deliver.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This should NOT be a concern as we will thoroughly test the new firmware on a variety of units before releasing it. If it ever occurs that the new firmware causes issues on a genuine unit, we at AzBox Canada will repair or replace the unit FREE OF CHARGE INCLUDING SHIPPING, regardless of warranty status or where the unit was purchased from.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada
    That's all well and good,, but this will not help innocent people who have bought a clone unknown to them and now have a dead box.

click click b00m

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast