Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Funny how serial numbers can be offered as proof by PwrSurge but not Rick Caylor

IMO, You need to do better than this. If it is fair for you to use serial numbers as proof then it should be fair for Rick Caylor to use them. He claims to have the same supporting papers as you do! EB
    I don't think that is what he is saying. What he said was "Please note that using the unit's serial numbers by itself as a means of validation is generally not sufficient..." In other words, a serial number database would be fairly useless. A serial number can be copied. What you need is the addition of the paper trail, as he noted (purchase invoice, etc.), from Opensat/DTInnovation to the authorized distributor (either Rick's or AZBox Canada) and then to their dealers (and to the purchaser would be even more ideal).
    AZBox Ultra HD, Amiko Mini HD265 + Amiko 8x1, 4x1 DiSEqC, 22KHz switches
    80cm: 30w, 34.5w / 80cm: 117w, 123w / 80cm: 97w, 103w, 110w / 80cm: 99w, 105w / 75e: 87w, 91w, 97w / 60e: 101w / 60e: 125w, 129w / 60e: 107.3W, 111.1W (Shaw Direct)
    Avatar: 2008 setup 61.5w, 72w or 74w (selectable), 79w, 87w

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Brannen View Post
    I don't think that is what he is saying. What he said was "Please note that using the unit's serial numbers by itself as a means of validation is generally not sufficient..." In other words, a serial number database would be fairly useless. A serial number can be copied. What you need is the addition of the paper trail, as he noted (purchase invoice, etc.), from Opensat/DTInnovation to the authorized distributor (either Rick's or AZBox Canada) and then to their dealers (and to the purchaser would be even more ideal).
    While that may be so, I, and I think everyone else here, is still waiting for undsputable proof from pwrsurge to back up his statements and accusations. So far, I have seen nothing but heresay and innuendo and neither of those are worth as much as the horse manure I cleaned out of my barn today. We have been asking for proof and so far I have not seen proof to back up any of his statements and I stand by what I said earlier. These sound more like the rantings of a spoiled child who has not gotten his way. What he has done, however, is convince me that I will never buy an AZBox. If this is how AZBox Canada is represented, they are, indeed, in dire straights. JMO.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to comparing with EB and IQ. I am totally satisfied with my 2 azbox receivers for picture quality, tuner sensitivity and of course the 4:2:2 feeds which I scan in on a daily basis. Both my setups for ku and c band wouldn't be complete without those receivers.
    I too would like to more substantial proof then a couple of dimples or an extra air vent on top of the receiver............

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easily confused View Post
    While that may be so, I, and I think everyone else here, is still waiting for undsputable proof from pwrsurge to back up his statements and accusations. So far, I have seen nothing but heresay and innuendo...
    Well, I thought it was quite well explained (post #54) why he thought the units being sold by WWS were clones. Having worked in an industry (on the retail side) where branches of the same company jealously guard their territory from each other to extreme measures (all to the detriment of the customer), I certainly understand that when you are the authorized distributor for a territory, you do not expect incursion from another authorized distributor, as did happen here (regardless of how, who, or why).

It is very similar to what I have seen the authorized distributor of the Akimo products do to unauthorized dealers in North America and the other territories they have.

Perhaps I'm not seeing the innuendoes or accusations that you, and others, seem to be reading "between the lines" of rather a straightforward explanation of what happened (post #54).

As far as the differences in the units that Rick Caylor shipped (and has) from the standard units, I am wondering whether it could be that those units he got were from the end of a production run (maybe the last run?), and the company simply ran out of the standard covers, etc., and used other parts that they had, instead of re-tooling and making more to the original specifications. After all, it is not an Opensat owned company that put the units together, but one hired to do it. Could all come down to a quality control issue.
    80cm: 30w, 34.5w / 80cm: 117w, 123w / 80cm: 97w, 103w, 110w / 80cm: 99w, 105w / 75e: 87w, 91w, 97w / 60e: 101w / 60e: 125w, 129w / 60e: 107.3W, 111.1W (Shaw Direct)

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    As far as the differences in the units that Rick Caylor shipped (and has) from the standard units, I am wondering whether it could be that those units he got were from the end of a production run (maybe the last run?), and the company simply ran out of the standard covers, etc., and used other parts that they had, instead of re-tooling and making more to the original specifications. After all, it is not an Opensat owned company that put the units together, but one hired to do it. Could all come down to a quality control issue.

This is possible, but in post 22 pwrsurge offered those very differences as proof that some receivers were clones so, were they really clones? If it is as you say, these "clones" may well be legitimate so, again, where is the proof?
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easily confused View Post
    This is possible, but in post 22 pwrsurge offered those very differences as proof that some receivers were clones so, were they really clones? If it is as you say, these "clones" may well be legitimate so, again, where is the proof?
    Post #54 explains why he thought they were clones at the beginning (as in post #22): "Recently, we published a picture showing one of these differences associated with the ventilation holes on the top of the unit. Shortly after this occurred, Rick Caylor posted on his discussion forum admitting that he has been the one supplying these units stating that he purchased these receivers from Opensat. We at AzBox Canada were surprised by this revelation as none of our authentic AzBox Premium HD Plus units have any of these differences, even the ones from our last Premium HD Plus shipment ordered in March of 2012. Up until Rick Caylor's revelation, we had no idea that the units he is currently carrying were physically different than our authentic units nor did we know that he was supplying units to GTA Electronics (aka. Worldwidesatellites)."

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    PwrSurge and Rick claim to have the same supporting documents from the manufacturer that proves their units are not clones.

PwrSurge still contends Ricks receivers are clones. He has not retracted his statement, issued an apology, or even admitted to be wrong. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    PwrSurge and Rick claim to have the same supporting documents from the manufacturer that proves their units are not clones.

PwrSurge still contends Ricks receivers are clones. He has not retracted his statement, issued an apology, or even admitted to be wrong. EB
    What? Where does he ever say any of that? What I quoted shows why he thought the units were clones (WWS not an authorized Canadian dealer, and the differences in units). Pretty clear to me. He has never accused Rick of selling clones. Even in the first post on the subject he stated: "In order to avoid purchasing a counterfeit AzBox unit, we strongly recommend only purchasing AzBox products from authorised AzBox Canada dealers which are listed on our website at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or from Rick's Satellite who is authorised for the U.S. market."

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep.
    Then he goes on about the number of vent holes in the Premium Plus and points to that as being an undeniable clone receiver which Rick admits to selling.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep.
    Then he goes on about the number of vent holes in the Premium Plus and points to that as being an undeniable clone receiver which Rick admits to selling.
    No, in post #54 that was explaining the difference in the unit purchased from WWS and the comparison test they did (and why it was thought at the time to be a clone). The paragraph I quoted is after that, when it was found out later that the units had been supplied by Rick Caylor. Nothing there about accusing Rick of selling clones, is there?

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast