Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Testing the Hypercube
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Testing a Hypercube from a N.A. point of view.

The unit as shipped came with Euro a/c plug and will require an adapter which can be purchased at any Radio Shack store. It was shipped with a RCA to scart composite cable, HDMI cable and remote control unit. Luckily I had an a/c adapter from one of my old Openbox S9 available.

I connected the HDMI, component and RCA audio cables to the tv monitor. My tv monitor did not recognize the Hypercube using HDMI so I switched to component and it displayed the attached pictures. While in the a/v setup menu, I switched from component to HDMI 1080i/60 and rebooted.

I bypassed the setup wizard to see if it would automatically recognize the internet connection and it did without any problems.

Now have to setup the satellite list and tuners for U.S. because it came with Euro sats installed.

I know, bad pictures... LOL

Back to testing...

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you get this from the LegitFTA shop?
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, I would definitely suggest you use LegitFTA shop.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got a little ahead of myself and tried to cut corners. Loaded my own sat list and it turns out in the plug ins section, there are options to down load sat lists from Atlantic, Euro, N&S America and Latin America via the internet.

Just to experiment, I erased all sat lists and loaded the E2 sat and IPTV lists I was using in the Raptor to see if it would work. Yes and no. The IPTV lists showed up fine in the favorites section but would not work. Same story with the sats favorite list.

Back to testing....

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see you got the Receiver!
    How good is the blind scan?
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    So far, no blind scan. Doesn't have a menu option so far for blind scan. Still loading the switch configs for the sats. Regular scanning seems to be fine so far on a few of the sats I've tried.
    Last edited by eastof111; 02-16-2013 at 11:15 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    After spending a few short hours with the receiver yesterday, I would like to comment on the operating system. Basically, for the main OS, it is very, very similar to PKT or HDMU Engima 2 OS, as used in the Optibox Raptor as the secondary OS.

With that said, the similarity ends. The Optobox Raptor uses Sti Linux for the main OS and it has blind scan capabilities. Whereas, the current Hypercube main Linux OS does not. It has a automatic, manual and fast scanning modes with the current firmware version. In the short time I've used the receiver, I have not been able to find a blind scan option in the menu nor it mentioned in the supplied operating manual. Now, to be fair, all the spec sheets posted on the internet indicate that the receiver does have blind scan capabilities. If this is the case, I would be the first to correct myself otherwise.

I would like to point out that there have been three firmware releases since January for this receiver. I am hoping that their next release will have the missing item.

As time permits, I will continue to post pictures and pros and cons of this new receiver with it's dual personality.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    East I sent a message to GM asking about the Blind Scan.. I will update when I hear back.

click click b00m

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice looking receiver. I like the fact it has 2 USB outputs AND a SD slot on the back. Hopefully it will blindscan, if not now, in the future.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Vip3r... appreciate it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast