Thread: ATSC USB tuners

1. Collapse Details
    ATSC USB tuners
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Does anyone have one of these? I would like to get a decent one that has a coax input for a larger antenna. I browsed through a few cheap ones but want something that is at least as sensitive as the tuner in my Pansat 9200.

Are there any universal programs for a PC to utilize one of these? I have never used one before but would like to get one.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have one that I got four years ago, but I'm not sure if they sell them anymore. It's a PCTV 801e that's the size of a USB thumb drive. Very sensitive and also does cable QAM. Works with its own Windows software and WMC as well as Kaffeine in Linux. F connector on one end and USB plug on the other. Cost around a hundred bucks at the time.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sublime, did you ever try the PCTV 801e stick in the Raptor and E2?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I plugged it in, but no extra tuners appeared in the menus to set up in either firmware. It was as if I hadn't plugged anything in at all.

OTOH, I was able to plug it in to my computer and use VLC to stream a digital cable channel via IPTV to HDMU.