1. Collapse Details
    Azbox Premium+ Blind Scan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    The accuracy of the blind scan on my Azbox Premium+ receiver is unrivalled. If it's there then this box will find it, unfortunately a blind scan can be extremely slow unless you change a couple of default settings in the blind scan menu. These changes take only seconds and the receiver will blind scan a sat from about 10-15 minutes approximately.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Unfortunately my camera isn't the best.

You need to change the minimum frequency from default of 3000 to 3700(unless 3600 for a couple of Atlantic sats)

Scan step needs to be changed from 5000 to 15000.

These 2 minor details will increase the blind scan speed on the Premium+ without it missing any tp.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a pic, Amc 6 at 72w scanned in just under 11 minutes:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the first things you can do to increase the blind scan time is to delete all but 1 of the transponders on the sat you are scanning.
    The firmware has all kinds of junk in the transponders listings which slows down the process of the blind scan.
    I have found that by deleting everything but 1 tp it decreases the blind-scan time quite a bit.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    The accuracy of the blind scan on my Azbox Premium+ receiver is unrivalled. If it's there then this box will find it, unfortunately a blind scan can be extremely slow unless you change a couple of default settings in the blind scan menu. These changes take only seconds and the receiver will blind scan a sat from about 10-15 minutes approximately.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Unfortunately my camera isn't the best.

You need to change the minimum frequency from default of 3000 to 3700(unless 3600 for a couple of Atlantic sats)

Scan step needs to be changed from 5000 to 15000.

These 2 minor details will increase the blind scan speed on the Premium+ without it missing any tp.
    5000 Khz = 5Mhz.
    15000Khz = 15Mhz.
    If you change the scan step to 15000, then you may miss at least two 4 Mhz transponders in one scan step!
    How many transponders are missed with the 15000 setting will depend on the spacing of the transponders. I prefer using a much smaller step than this. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    5000 Khz = 5Mhz.
    15000Khz = 15Mhz.
    If you change the scan step to 15000, then you may miss at least two 4 Mhz transponders in one scan step!
    How many transponders are missed with the 15000 setting will depend on the spacing of the transponders. I prefer using a much smaller step than this. EB
    at 5000 the scan step is good for most satellites except Sat Mex 6 which you really need to set it at 1000 for that satellite since the spacing is so close over there.