1. Collapse Details
    RCA 3036 vhf/uhf antenna
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I picked up one of these from Lowes a little over a year ago to replace my failed ebay special that I had. I do not have a rotator or amp setup on it but the VHF reception is outstanding. I can get my local PBS channels now without an amp. The uhf reception is not the best but I do have many trees nearby blocking my line of sight. I am sure with the proper amp I would be able to get more consistent uhf reception from my location.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I think they list for around 80-90$ I happened to go to a store closing sale and paid around 50$ I think. Well worth the money imo if you have channels to be had in your area.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I remember seeing at my sisters place an OTA HD picture is pretty hard to beat..To bad many of us live in the boonies..But I guess this is where FTA comes in.

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya that is why I got into FTA, not many channels to be had where I am being blocked by the hills. If I was 1 mile away up on a hill, I would be able to get 50+ channels. Next house I buy I will definitely look for one on a hill for this reason and for a full satellite arc as well.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob311 View Post
    Ya that is why I got into FTA, not many channels to be had where I am being blocked by the hills. If I was 1 mile away up on a hill, I would be able to get 50+ channels. Next house I buy I will definitely look for one on a hill for this reason and for a full satellite arc as well.
    I guess that old real estate saying is true...location, location, location....lol

click click b00m

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A rotar is definitely a huge help. I think our reception is helped, a lot, by the fact that the antenna is sitting on top of a 50' tower. This eliminates any problem that the trees, close to the house, would have caused. I have an old Channel Master but can even remember the model number. I had a new CM 7777 pre-amp installed, last year, and that made a huge difference.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band