1. Collapse Details
    Big C-BAND dish Assembly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hello Gents
    I have a question for the members in this forum regarding assembling a 8 to 10 foot dish while the the polar mount is on the pole, just adding the panels to the mount ring.
    I have read and been told that is best to assemble the dish panels on a flat surface, in the other hand, some people where I work have told me that they had 10 foot dishes installed in their houses by a professional installer and they assemble the dish on the mount and never had any problems.
    What are the cons assembling the dish on the mount?
    any comments would be appreciated.
    Regards.
    Chewie

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chewie
    Until someone with more experience let you know, here is a good reading about it meanwhile

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never assembled a bud with the polar mount on the pole but did do it with 8' solid last year. Although more man power will be required to get the dish and mount on the pole if it has been assembled on the ground, it is much easier. When you assemble with polar mount on the pole you must make sure you have others around that can hold the panels for you while your tightening them or else you might warp it or even rip the mesh. JMO.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I assembled my 7 and 10 foot Orbitrons, the instrictions said to build the frame/mount on a flat surface, lift on to the pole and then slide the mesh panels into the frame. Lifting the frame onto the pole was a two man job, but the rest I did myself...well, maybe I did have someone hold the frame while I inserted the panels. The only problem I had was putting too much pressure on one of the panels and put a hand-sized dent in it. It wouldn't slide in easily, you see...

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Gents
    Thanks for your comments, this is a option I am looking at, my dish is 8 panel solid dish and it weight around 250 to 270 lbs, is all assemble on the ground, but I have noticed that when I try to lift a bit , where the panels come together it kind of opens to the sides like this (), I am worry the panels are going to get warped because of this when the dish is turn over.
    Thanks again.
    Regards.
    Chewie

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The dish will be more true if you assemble it face down and tighten it evenly across. Depending on how much slack is between the hardware if you assemble it on the mount it will be warped slightly. I have had good luck with damaged dishes resetting them on the ground. Gravity can be your friend. My 10 Winegard took a few beatings and was no longer true so I loosened up all of the bolts when the dish was face down and was able to straighten it out mostly. A concrete slab driveway would probably work best. Maybe lay a tarp down so the paint doesn't get scratched. I had to put mine down on the grass but it still worked.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Gents
    Here is my installation of my dish.
    Regards.
    Chewie

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice pictures Chewie. Good job.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chewie when I set my skew and depth I find a transponder on my due south satellite. Bump the dish up down left and right to get a peak signal/quality reading. I then watch the signal quality using my receiver or handheld meter and I adjust the skew/depth until I get a peak reading. Once you have that set it should be pretty close. Once you move it to another bird you can fine tune it some more.

I have found that when not having an automatic skew adjustment that it is best to set the skew near the due south satellite for best overall performance.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello Costa and Rob
    Thanks for you comments, the reason I was asking about how to set the skew and tighten the skew on the LNB, is because when I am a due south I can not reach the darn LNB.
    I was playing around today and put a wood stick in the center of the dish about the same size of the button hook pipe and I could not reach the top of the stick and I am about 6 feet tall.
    well, If I have to do any adjusting of the LNB i will move the dish left or right until I can reach it and make the adjustment and go back to due south.
    Thanks guys you are great.
    Regards.
    Chewie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast