Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Yes. Offset.

In general or in most instances, any satellite dish 1.2 meters and smaller will be offset. Anything larger than 1.2 meters will be prime focus in design.

2. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post
    Likes Costactc liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have nothing but cheap lnbs for all of my offset dishes. If there is one that is much better I would be interested in upgrading.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt you see much difference in offset ku lnbs, no matter what you do unless matched commercial parts are used.

Changing from a dro oscillator to a pll oscillator does not help performance unless additional circuits are added. Even then, only under certain conditions will a well built pll help.

The trick to better performance from a good or decent small offset dish is to find a lnb that is a good match for it, so it is a bit of trial and error.

Make sure the lnb is positioned on the dish as it was designed to be, and pay close attention to dish adjustment and alignment. These two things will probably make the most difference in received signal strength, provided a decent, healthy lnb is being used. Need more signal? Get a bigger or better dish. The lnb can only be as good as the reflector it is mounted on.

5. Likes Costactc liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234