Thread: Vu+ Duo2

1. Collapse Details
    Vu+ Duo2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Here's the first reviews of the new Vu+ Duo2 receiver. I like the fact that it has blind scan and can use up to four tuners. Don't like that it will not do 16 or 32psk, but maybe later on the coders may add these capabilities. But, it is expensive.

Vu+ all ready has released software called Vu+ Control Centre V0.7 which I have attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some videos on unpacking the box.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

and

Installing a hard drive.

and

A presentation video.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have looked hard at Vu products before, and I am tempted to buy this one. More information on the receiver's features and blindscan is needed before I make a purchase. The only blindscan that I have seen for E2 is slow and works only for the Ku band. It makes me wonder how well the blindscan works on this receiver. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    EB, I've been looking at this one for a while. So far the comments I've read on other forums seem to be very good. Many images available and not many hangups. It looks like they have researched and cleaned up their coding before release. The blind scan is good only on tuner 1 right now. The expected fix for the other tuners is suppose to be forthcoming. Normally, I wouldn't believe this, but this seems to be a stable and established company that seems to stand behind its products. If you read the review I posted earlier, I think the reviewer said he scanned 2100 channels in about five minutes, which isn't too shabby. Don't know if that was blind scan though. I like the fact that it will do hardware transcoding so that you can view on Android devices. Also, the bootup time was 35 seconds.

I am currently waiting for an email I sent to one of the providers who claims they have it in stock.

From another site's review I found:
    I tested blindscan on 13E with these settings:

Frequency: 10700-11700
    Symbol Rates: 2-45Mhz

Receiver finished with searching after exactly 5 minutes. It found 2133 channels. I have used this function for the first time so I cannot compare these results with other receivers. This is your task my readers!

Here are some more pixs.
    Last edited by eastof111; 07-24-2013 at 02:06 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Notice all of the blindscan info has been for ku? i do not think E2 has a c band blindscan, but I could be wrong.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Guys
    Regarding Enigma blindscan,. I been playing around with OpenATV Enigma Image for my Azbox, I have it installed on a USB memory stick, it works good and under the addons or plugins for this firm they have one call Azbox blindscan tools, i installed it and I think it is blind scanning on C-BAND, I am compareing it to my other receivers and it comes close to the number of stations within 3 to 7 stations.
    I does not show an Icon for blind scan but I think it takes over manual scan.
    The scan takes about 7 to 10 minutes on a sat with many TP'S like Satmex5, I hope it is blind scan or is just whichful thinking.
    Try it out.
    Regards.
    Chewie

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully, during the coming weeks someone on the other side of the pond will find a C band sat; do a blind scan and post the results. Until then, pure speculation. Out of the three or four images released so far, can't remember the name, has a disclaimer that the blind scan does not work at this time.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a simple setup guide I found... Pretty short and to the point.

And the image with the disclaimer.

And another pdf called Persian Empire that bullets what it can do.

And finally a pix of the modules that show blind scan available.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's some replies about the current blind scan status of the Vu+ Duo2 to some questions that
    that I posted on a Euro site....

Vu+ Duo2 and blindscan

Has anyone experimented with blind scan yet? Looking for real life reviews.

2- Does the blind scan work on one or both tuners?
    3- Anyone have blind scanning times for both C and Ku vs. non-blind scanning?
    4- Do scanning times differ between images utilized?

Thank you and appreciate your input.
    ---------------------------------------------------

ad 2: On both. However: the dual tuners still don't support blindscan (VU+ is working an a driver update for that)

ad 3: Not sure what you're after; scanning transponders that are present in your satellites.xml has hardly anything to do with blindscan. And any comparison you would do depends on the satellites.xml in use.
    I have no experience on C-band scanning, but Ku-band blindscan works fine.

ad 4: Probably not, as the same hardware and drivers are being used. What does differ between images is the user friendlyness of the plugin. In ViX a lot of effort has been spend on the latter.

In regards to ad 3, I am trying to get an approximate hardware vs. software scan speed as compared to other receivers that I am using. I realize that scan speeds will vary between sats scanned, but it would give me a ball park figure that I can use to evaluate.

The blindscan of 19.2E took 2 mins 10 sec; result attached (104 transponders found).

Are the tuners hardware blindscan?

Yes.

The dual-tuner cards still need a (promised) driver update for that.
    Attached Files Attached Files