Hi all-

I bought an ESX242 dual-output C-band LNBF, and since my dish (10-foot KTI, I think) is motorized, I set the skew at 0 with the dish pointed at its apex/southernmost satellite (121 in my case). To me, zero meant "straight up" with the dish at the top of the arc.

I connected one output to my 4DTV DSR-922 receiver. Some notes say to set 4DTV receivers to "rotated 90 degrees" when using an LNBF, but I seemed not to have to do that. Next, I connected the other LNBF output to my X2 Premium receiver, and guess what? It is receiving signals (in a blind scan) with reversed polarity. (87 SES 2 3735 is received as "horizontal", for example.) OK, so the fix is simple: Go back and rotate the LNBF 90 degrees, and check the box for "rotated 90" on the DSR-922, and things will be fine on the X2.

My question is: Is all of this normal, and what I thought was "zero" skew is incorrect? (I did see one note that implied to point the 0-degree mark on an LNBF to the "3 o'clock" position on the dish, but it was not entirely clear to me.) Thanks.