Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hi rrob

can you explain this in a little more detail I have the same problem as you have had
    Thank you

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure no problem. Welcome to Legit! Are you getting the recovery screen when you turn on the receiver? If so find a USB flash drive or a USB card reader with a memory card in it.

Format the usb drive to FAT32. Create a new folder and name it recovery. Then download the x5 recovery file in the file section here and extract the file into the recovery folder that you just made. Then take the usb stick/drive and plug it into the X5 receiver. (I used the rear jack but I don't think it matters.) Now you will want to hold down the OK button on the front of the receiver while powering up the receiver with the rocker switch on the rear. Continue to hold the OK button until you see the front display say load. It should show the system updating on the tv screen.

If this does not work let us know what error message you are getting. You may need to try a different USB drive if this does not work. Keep me posted on your recovery. Good luck.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The recovery was somewhat successful that the box did accept program but after rebooting I get a rolling screen, any ideas on this.
    thanks for the help

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe try to hook it up with a different output or try a different TV so you can get into the screen settings and possibly change the TV type.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ssimonn View Post
    The recovery was somewhat successful that the box did accept program but after rebooting I get a rolling screen, any ideas on this.
    thanks for the help
    Rolling screen happens on my x5 and f6 as well when component cables are used, try using an hdmi cable or hook it up to a tv to change the output as Rob mentioned previously.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tried different tv and it worked, I dont have a cable from my big dish in that room so i will be picking up some hdmi cables later today and try it again
    thanks for the help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12