1. Collapse Details
    IPTV and the Raptor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Many manufacturers and reps seem to be jumping onto the IPTV bandwagon. This seems logical as the next step to providing a better entertainment experience. I was hoping that the Fortis crowd, i.e., Octagon, Icecrypt, Optibox, Openbox, Rebox, Ultraplus, Forever, etc., would be offering something similar.

It seems rather strange that even the reps have not initiated a server and firmware based offering for their receivers to keep up with the competition. It would be great to have this option using the native firmware along the lines of what is currently available with the Engima2 versions.

I may be wrong, maybe the reps are working on something similar, but I have yet to read a leak anywhere. Maybe we'll hear something by Christmas!

To date, am extremely happy with the capabilities this receiver has presented. Would just like to see the possibilities expanded.

Would love to see:

1- Plugin dual tuners, similar to the Vu+ duo2.
    2- ATSC plugin tuner or usb tuner.
    3- Overclock function with a auto firmware cutoff at 700 mhz for safety. Or for those willing to take a chance, let her ride..... This chip is MORE than capable.
    4- The mentioned IPTV server.

Well, maybe something might pop up by Christmas, otherwise, time to start shopping.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    2- ATSC plugin tuner or usb tuner.
    I have a USB tuner that has had a driver written for it on another E2 platform, but nothing for this receiver. The only program on my Linux computer that will make it work is called "Kaffeine." I can get it to work in VLC, but it stutters. But plug-in tuners that you could buy in any computer store and plug in to this receiver would be very nice!