1. Collapse Details
    Intermitten movement of GS120 Ku Motor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Has anyone opened a GS120 Ku motor to grease or lubricate the gears. I believe that my GS120 motor must be running dry of grease/lubrican, it moves ever so slow and sometimes not at all, if it needs lubrican what type is recommended.

I am able to drive the dish East and West by pressing the move button at the motor itself...At first I was having problems with scanning satellites, and blame it on the dish and motor brackets setup, but now the dish seems to be the major culprit...What other factor could be causing the motor not to move from satellite to satellite.

The dish is way past it's warranty time, so there is no worry of breaking any seals....Any information and help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know if the gears are metal or plastic? I have had good luck with white lithium grease on gears. Hopefully the motor is not worn out.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What receiver are you using?
    Does the motor move at the correct speed when you manually drive it East or West?
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    What receiver are you using?
    Does the motor move at the correct speed when you manually drive it East or West?
    I do not know if the gears are metal or plastic, the motor moves slow, don't know if it is at the right speed, there is a spot where the motor makes the dish shakes a little. I will have to move the dish East and West some more and see if this improves the action.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've used hh motors in the past without ever having to lubricate(5 years with my Motech sg2100). My Fotec hh 1.2 also moves as slow as molasses. I too use lithium grease, as Rob mentioned, to lubricate my actuators.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "there is a spot where the motor makes the dish shakes a little."

That sounds a little bit like something is binding at that particular spot.