Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Fortec Motor Arm
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Nasty wind storm last Friday uprooted trees and caused my ku dish to be off by approximately 3 degrees. Further inspection of the motor reveals that the motor arm is loose. I have never taken apart an hh motor before. My bud in Montreal says to remove the cap(4 small screws) and tighten the bolt. Anybody have this type of experience?

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you do disassemble, don't forget to take some pictures!

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only managed to remove 2 of the 4 screws. I'm setting up each sat with diseqc 1.2 instead of usals-tedious but better then not having anything at all. I'll need to remove the motor entirely from the mount in order to tighten up the motor arm. That's a task that requires time and warm weather, it's a balmy 35f today.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL sun tanning weather LOL

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spent the better part of scanning in most sats using diseqc 1.2 and when I send the motor back to the sat I get no signal. I will have to find the time to take apart the motor or swap it out for my spare. I have it parked on Galaxy 17.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today was supposed to be the day that I swapped out my crippled fortec hh 1.2 motor with my new sg6100 but as usual mother nature isn't cooperating, maybe tomorrow or next weekend:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buyer beware.....The sg6100 is supposed to be able to move a 1.4m dish but it can barely move a 1.2m one. In between all the rain my neighbour and I managed to slap on the new motor and all seemed well until I drove the dish to extreme east and west. The motor jammed and was unable to move the dish, we had to move it manually. We decided to put the old fortec back, after reinforcing the arm and we managed to increase signal quality....hopefully it lasts or else I may need to find a stronger motor.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    For my DG380B is no problem to lift it up 1.2 Fortec dish down eastern point to up western point ...
    ps . The hint is don't keep pushing the'go east' button when the motor is on the extreme eastern point ,sametning is for the west ..,In that case the motor will stuck
    Last edited by chifut; 04-27-2014 at 12:23 PM. Reason: .

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know, I was going to get one, but will wait to see if there's something better out there.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stab 1.2 is a bit pricey and slow but extremely reliable. I'll look into one of those but will make due with my fortec 1.2.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast