Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I think a Fortec 1.2 meter dish weighs less than any other 1.2 meter dish that is available in North America.
    The capacity of a dish motor should be expressed in dish weight the motor is able to move, and about the only one that has a weight rating is Stab.
    Originally, Sadoun had a weight rating for the DG380 that was about equal to the StabHH120. He had to change the weight rating several times and finally settled on a weight for the DG380 that was equal to the Fortec 1.2 meter dish he sold. You exceeded the advertised weight limit for the DG380 when you added a lnb to the dish.

Motors work better in warm climates. They have to work harder in extreme heat and extreme cold. You also have to figure in the extra weight of ice or snow in cold climates. My DG380 has worked pretty well moving a 1.2 meter dish, but it has gotten stuck a few times at the lower end and needed some extral help to get moving again.

I ran a Stab HH120 for many years and it still works, albeit very slowly. The Stab HH120 will not travel quite as far in either direction as the DG380, but it never has gotten stuck and would not move like the DG380. The Stab has a deeper gear reduction which is great for moving weight but it causes you to wait a while for the Stab to move from one end of the arc to the other. IMO, a Stab HH120 is the best for a 1.2 meter dish.

Volts X Amps = Power in watts. This means Ku motors can only draw a few watts of power form the fta receiver.
    Motors such as the SG6100 show some impressive specs but in reality they can only draw the same amount of power in watts as a Stab. The SG6100 moves faster than the Stab which means it cannot carry the same amount of weight as the Stab. We will be struck with the slower Ku motors if we want to move 1.2 meter dish weight until the Ku motors are somehow improved or until the fta receivers are able to supply a lot more current to the motor. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems we're staying stagnant in some parts of the fta hobby. Most fta'ers want a bigger dish, but they can't get an appropriate motor to move the dish because of the power supply specs of the receivers. Doesn't look like the receiver manufacturers are about to give us better power supplies to indulge the motor designers. There always seems to be a fubar involved.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Almost all fta gear is built dirt cheap. The last time I looked, you could buy Ku motors for a dollar or two in quantity. Fta receivers in quantity are usually between 1 and 10 dollars a piece. Production costs are counted in pennies. You will not get any major design changes until these lines of thinking change. Fta is an ultra-cheap hobby and the products reflect this.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Time to form the LegitFTA consortium.... get a list of mandatory items needed by Legitfta'ers in a receiver and send the shopping list to Chinese manufacturers and let them bid. Then again, maybe Korea. LOL

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...Along with about 10 grand in cash to cover start-up production costs.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I should have purchased this one in the first place but I figured the sg6100 would do the job, just placed my order:

HH120 Fortec STAB Italy Motor

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...C/P
    el bandido
    . Production costs are counted in pennies. You will not get any major design changes until these lines of thinking change. Fta is an ultra-cheap hobby and the products reflect this. .....end C/P
    You are right . That is a cheap hobby. I miss old N2 days and all Bev-arly and Di.h channels wide open

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You are right . That is a cheap hobby."

If you read most forums the general consensus is exactly that. Only because that's what is expected.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got an e-mail that they are out of stock...I'll have to shop around or look into the DG380.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you checked on Ebay? Used to be some HH120's listed that were in Canada.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast