Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    How to reassign motor numbers on X2 Premium HD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I am trying to use my X2 as my primary receiver for both c-band (using vbox7 and ku band using USALS motor) , but just can't figure out how to assign a diseqc motor position number to a particular satellite (using DMC vbox7) rather than let the X2 simply assign them in numerical sequence. If I can't do this, then any suggestions on exactly how to change the satellite list and include these motor numbers and then write them back to the X2.

All suggestion sincerely appreciated.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    C-band since 1980. 12 ft Paraclipse bought new. Dual Tuner AzBox Premium HD+. FW is 0.9.5311 (reads 0.9.5308 on the AZBox).
    X2 Premium HD SW Ver: r2890-32202607 -xs0 Date: Sep 24 2013. Two 1mtr Wingard Dishes with STAB HH-120 motors.
    ​Titanium Satellite ASC-1 dish positioner, Chaparral Co-rotor feedhorn. 24 inch Thomson Saginaw Ball Actuator.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    el bandido has already answered the first question: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Although I am sure several receivers do not have the capability to assign motor positions, fortunately this is the only one I own that does not. It should probably be added to the requested features as the motor menu looks like it was set up to do this, but just has not been implemented at this time.

I believe Costactc said he only uses the vbox to control the antenna, but that is not an option if the vbox is located in a different room from the receiver as many are.

Without this feature, I do not see how it is possible to use a pre-programmed vbox with the x2 stb. Maybe there is another way to accomplish this.

It is such a good stb, that it puts many others to shame is many areas, and is hard to beat as a great blind scan box!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    C-band since 1980. 12 ft Paraclipse bought new. Dual Tuner AzBox Premium HD+. FW is 0.9.5311 (reads 0.9.5308 on the AZBox).
    X2 Premium HD SW Ver: r2890-32202607 -xs0 Date: Sep 24 2013. Two 1mtr Wingard Dishes with STAB HH-120 motors.
    ​Titanium Satellite ASC-1 dish positioner, Chaparral Co-rotor feedhorn. 24 inch Thomson Saginaw Ball Actuator.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can manually assign them.
    I think you press the OK button on the remote when you have the diseqc 1.2 position highlighted, causing a drop-down box to appear. I do not have my X2 connected at this time because I am working with another receiver but I will try to connect it and verify this info. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    You can manually assign them.
    I think you press the OK button on the remote when you have the diseqc 1.2 position highlighted, causing a drop-down box to appear. I do not have my X2 connected at this time because I am working with another receiver but I will try to connect it and verify this info. EB
    Thank You, el bandido. That does indeed work as you described. You are a genius!

The count does stop at 64, but you can only check 64 of the satellites to use now!!!

If you are able to get them to update the satellites to 99 and update the motor count to 99, this box will be better than the Azbox in many aspects!!!!

The menu shows OK - Pop when on the Position number, so you can indeed match vbox satellite numbers up to 64 (and hopefully up to 99 one of these days)

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to have 99 Diseqc 1.2 positions too!

There are some limits that should be noted.
    (1) You cannot store the same Diseqc 1.2 position to more than one satellite.
    (2) You cannot move a Diseqc 1.2 position once it has been entered.
    You will get the position conflict error if you do either of the above.

I suggest setting the diseqc 1.2 positions first before doing anything else.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You solved the hard one. But if you cannot assign the same P number to more than one satellite, I am still in trouble. My satellite list now has 78 fta sats after getting rid of all of the dbs sats.

This list runs from my line of site Intelsat-903C to AMC-8C. I need to get rid of 14 more sats! That is why the expansion from 64 to 99 sats will be valuable to a lot of us in North America.

Can I just re-load the firmware or just the satellite list to get rid of the six that I just stored that need to be changed? I can reset the vbox and re-program all sats, if I have to, but I still need to change the P number on those six sats!

Anyway, thanks so much for hanging around and helping me tonight! The courtesy is much appreciated!

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    i would try editing the database file with ez manager
    or am I being obtuse?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't imagine that many working sats in a list.
    I have 18 ku band sats in my list and that is really pushing it.
    or am I being obtuse?

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Between ku and c band I scan in approximately 65. I keep my bands seperate though and I use my positioners just to move my dishes with stored positions for each individual satellite.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    Between ku and c band I scan in approximately 65. I keep my bands seperate though and I use my positioners just to move my dishes with stored positions for each individual satellite.
    Yes, I love to read your scans and always look forward to a new one!!!!

I wrote in the number of channels that you scanned in April on my lists and that really gives a good reference when I blind scan a satellite.

Since you have 65 and I have 14 that you either were unable to scan or had no coverage. This makes a total of close to 79 which matches my 78 satellite version pretty well. It sure would be nice to have 99 sats available for fta enthusiasts!!!

I want to be able to change configurations on the 12 ft Paraclipse for C only(LNBF), C only (polarator) and C & Ku (using LNBF) and C & Ku (using polarator). Then using one of the 1 meter dishes for Ku seems to work pretty well except that it takes two lines to 1 meter dish and 2 lines to 12 ft Paraclipse to juggle these different configurations and to keep the motor current on the 1 meter dish from going through the diseqc switches.

I will probably have to adapt your strategy of using the vbox as a stand a long dish controller, although it is a pain when using it from a receiver in another room and no uhf control for the vbox!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast