I have tried the following images... VU+ factory, Blackhole, VIX and ATV. VIX is what I keep going back to but I am having enough issues that I am not ready to make this my primary box over the AzBox. I did find the box very sensitive to flash drive compatibility. Kept getting a UBIFS Updating error until I found the cheapest plain jane 2 GB flash drive the box decided it would work with.

I think I figured out a fairly reliable way to get past the PAL 50 Hz screen issue. I select YbYrYg and 480p at 60 Hz from the VFD. That allows a low resolution image through HDMI. After selecting ENGLISH I exit completely out of the set up wizard. Then go to menu >> setup >> A/V >> Automatic Resolutions to Automatic and save. That seems to let me change to HDMI and 1080 p and have it work.

I have mastered skins and DreamEdit and bouquets and backing up images. That is not too hard. Haven't tried picons but other issues make me want to see what other improvements are forthcoming.

I found the VIX image blind scan on A tuner to be ~80% accurate on Ku-band. USALS worked just fine. Sensitivity of the Ku receiver is way less than the AzBox though. I could not get NBC East or Cozi to lock in whereas both max out my AzBox and Manhattan.

On C-band, I found the blind scan to be buggy. Sometimes when selected the box crashes ... other times it seems hit and miss on finding transponders not in the XML file. I also discovered that you cannot chose DiSEqC 1.2 positions and have them sent to your ASC-1 or G-Box mover. If there is a way to send positions 00 - 99 I sure can't see how.

C-band sensitivity was also pretty poor. KBRK 3720 H 8702 on 99w was very sensitive to dish position and would lock only about 50% of the time. Other S2 transponders at higher frequencies were fine.

This box is fast though. I loaded up on some skins and set up a lot of options to see how performance was degraded. Saw none. I did set a 256 MB swap file on the HDD drive.

Man does this box get hot though. I think I could bake a ham on top of the Vu+Duo2 after an hour or two of running. I think I will be setting up the Vu+ Duo2 in my bedroom with a separate dish and USALs motor so I can work more on this learning curve and see if I can find an image more blind scan and c-Band friendly for my set up. I take it that Europe does not do much C-band with actuators as the interfaces and software support on that seems an after thought to me.

===
Bill