Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    You should have access to a dual boot system using TitanNit and enigma2 images plus plugins with much faster boot times and channel switching.

The HDMI input should allow you to plug in cd-dvd players and access them via their firmware. I am hoping more devices will have access to this input, but I haven't seen a review yet.

Here's some teaser videos, one for the Nemesis and the other showing the TitanNit image on a lesser receiver.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixl View Post
    I find this receiver interesting. The higher speed processors and extra ram suggest faster page changing, etc. But I wonder what I will get over the Raptor I now have.
    A couple of features I would like to see on the next box I buy would be an RF remote and a button that directly brings up the signal and quality bars without having to go thru the menus. Also what will the HDMI input be used for?
    Enigma2 is a very flexible operating system for fta receivers. It is mainly open source so the level of personalization is unlimited.

Attached is a photo showing the signal level in SNR(db). Pressing the remote's OK button twice will give you this information.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I took the plunge and ordered up one of these from a German sat dealer. I hope to be testing it in a few weeks, we shall see what it can do.
    I'm going to need some help from you guys as I know 0 about E2.
    C: 8' Andrew w/orthomode feeding twin Norsat 8515, Atemio Nemesis
    Ku: 1.2m Channel Master w/orthomode feeding twin NJR universal lnbs, Manhattan
    DBS: Motorized DTV Slimline w/DMS 922 circular, Jynxbox Ultra V3
    4:2:2 AZminiMe slaved off C/Ku

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Pixl! Did you confirm with the vendor that the blind scan is currently working with their images?

Here's a review translated from German, a little difficult to get an impression of the pros and cons of the receiver.

"The boot time openATV 4.2 Power switch to TV screen is 55 seconds other 1.3 GHZ boxes are there in 45 seconds but for me this is still a time that is OK.

Display is as in the mutant or the LX3 Identical optimized for 8-bit S / W Picon which are already on the Vu Ultimo therefore knows a lot of potential to play, even on the feed are already div display skins.
    Here in the forum there are already more displays skins because of all these boxes are the same so they can be immediately used the same right from the start there is a good selection.

Card Reader as well as CI modules run as you would already know from the LX3.

The new Dynamic Transcoding Now works as expected also tested with blackbox on IOS 8 and also with the webif with the VLC player worked Impeccable here.

With 3 DVB-S2 tuner does not work as much shots as Xtrend or mutant, but 8 HD recordings fold here without disturbance.

Good that is the tuner of the LX 1/2/3 or Venton HDx series can be used.

Weaknesses shows the box still in the Media Playback, DVD ISO / vob files simply did not want to even the playing Flac audio did not even have to be there still worked after at the drivers.

What is the standard for the other 1.3 GHZ models WMV / WMA absent in the Nemesis also, according to information it is up to the missing license ..

What in the Nemesis but it is blind scan, the Xtrend models and Mutant have not this popular E2 feature.

HBBTV is also pretty quick at the Nemesis with E2 also thanks to 1.3 GHZ.

Streaming, IPTV or as a Home Cinema client makes the Nemesis fun, got on my NAS set up a Plex server, and with E2 Nemesis can now become a Plex client

simple never goes there now makes a 1.3 GHZ Box enjoy properly, thanks to the many plugin options and with the openATV Feed has always been a top current selection.
    thanks to our team here in the forum who are tirelessly while keeping everything always News.

The compact design of the box and the price makes from what already is and I think for many interesting make up the box to see.

florist Captain"

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Pixl!
    Be patient and expect to spend some time learning E2. It is a great operating system for fta, but it is different from the closed source firmwares.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Image or firmware loading is very similar to the Duo2.

How to upload firmware on Atemio NEMESIS HD

1) - Turn off the decoder;

2) - Disconnect any peripherals connected to the USB port on the front and rear;

3) - Format a USB memory stick from your PC in fat32;

4) - Download the latest version of firmware available;

5) - Unzip the zip or rar file;

6) - Copy the folder "atemio" on the USB stick;

7) - Insert the memory stick into the front USB port of the decoder (open the flap that covers cam / card);

8) - Turn on the decoder by rear panel;

9) - The display will show "VOL + to upgrade" for a few seconds;

10) - Press the arrow up in the front panel of the decoder;

11) - You will see step by step in the display: "Flashing SPLASH", then "Flashing KERNEL", then "Flashing ROOTFS" (this takes a couple of minutes), and then "Complete! Reboot!" and restart: Wait until it reappears "VOL + to upgrade";

12) - The procedure is completed; turn off the decoder by rear panel;

13) - Remove the pen from the front USB port;

14) - Reconnect any peripheral or hub-and-USB port on the rear USB;

15) - Turn on the decoder according to the instructions of the setup wizard.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Between you and me there is a BETA ViX Apollo image for this being tested rite now, although we are not sure yet if we are going to push it to a full release so no promises just yet.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    East,

Thanks for the info, I have been on the openATV site in Germany quite a bit reading about this receiver. One funny thing, I was going thru quite a bit of trouble to translate my posts to German using Google. After a few misunderstandings they told me to just post in English and forget Google, we'll figure it out.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear they are offering assistance at OpenATV. Here's another site that handles the TitanNit aspect of the receiver. It's also in German.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Almost here!

I ordered the NEMESIS over two weeks ago shipping regular mail it spent most the of that time in Germany.

They finally put it on a DHL plane and was in Chicago in one day, cleared U.S. customs in two days (amazing!) and is now in Grand Rapids.

USPS Tracking™

Product & Tracking Information

Date & Time

Status of Item

October 23, 2014 , 12:14 am

Arrived at USPS Facility

GRAND RAPIDS, MI 49512

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in GRAND RAPIDS, MI 49512 on October 23, 2014 at 12:14 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

October 19, 2014 , 12:09 pm

Processed Through Sort Facility

ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

October 18, 2014 , 8:09 am

FRANKFURT/FLUGHAFEN, GERMANY

October 18, 2014 , 7:49 am

FRANKFURT/FLUGHAFEN, GERMANY

October 8, 2014 , 7:26 pm

Acceptance

GERMANY

But as I have been waiting, my scheduled knee replacement surgery came up yesterday. I am writing from my hospital bed, hope to go home today already walking on it. Soo.. I will be reporting very slowly as time and pain pills allow.This will keep me busy over the next 4-6 weeks while stuck at home.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast