Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmitrh0429 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I managed to get 20+ channels added, love this feature, especially for adding channels where their feeds are normally on C-band, since I don't have a C-band dish.
    Are you using an older version software? I thought that feature (custom URLs) got broke in the last firmware release for the X2 Premium II HD. Please correct me if I misunderstood.

DRCars

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm using the latest firmware from January 24, 2014, which I updated using the Upgrade & Backup menu, Upgrade by Network, set to FTP, Upgrade Type ALL, didn't change any other settings. I have it connected via Ethernet, seems to be more reliable than using the Wi-Fi, at least for me.

The IPTV function is a bit "flaky" but it does work, however it will sometimes lock up, especially if I try to navigate the menus too fast, so I have to unplug the receiver to reset. Also I have not been able to delete the unwanted IPTV channels that were already on the receiver when I purchased it, or remove any of the IPTV channels that I added.

For some strange reason this receiver has tripled in price since I purchased it, but I can't seem to find out if they have made any modifications to fix the "bugs" in the firmware/software.

Another thing I discovered was a "hidden" menu, . Don't know how they work, but they are there.
    Last edited by cpr43; 10-22-2014 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Non FTA allow talk
    GEOSATpro HDVR3500 (Fortec Star 90cm dish/Ku-band LNBF: aimed at 97.0°W, Wave Frontier Toroidal Dish w/multiple Ku-band LNBFs, aimed at 91°W, 95°W, 105°W, 113°W, 121°W, 125°W - Mini BUD: Primestar/ChannelMaster dish/C-band LNBF: receiving 97.0°W & 99.0°W

Other Toys: Mac mini (Early 2009) w/OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 Public Beta 7, iPhone 4S 64GB w/iOS 9.3 Public Beta 7, iPad 2 64GB (Wi-Fi/3G) w/iOS 9.3 Public Beta 7, AppleTV (3rd Gen) w/Apple TV Software 7.2.1, OS Build Version 8.4.1

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmitrh0429 View Post
    I'm using the latest firmware from January 24, 2014, which I updated using the Upgrade & Backup menu, Upgrade by Network, set to FTP, Upgrade Type ALL, didn't change any other settings. I have it connected via Ethernet, seems to be more reliable than using the Wi-Fi, at least for me.

The IPTV function is a bit "flaky" but it does work, however it will sometimes lock up, especially if I try to navigate the menus too fast, so I have to unplug the receiver to reset. Also I have not been able to delete the unwanted IPTV channels that were already on the receiver when I purchased it, or remove any of the IPTV channels that I added.

For some strange reason this receiver has tripled in price since I purchased it, but I can't seem to find out if they have made any modifications to fix the "bugs" in the firmware/software.

Another thing I discovered was a "hidden" menu, . Don't know how they work, but they are there.
    Hidden menu is for hack iks which we do not condone here.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info, I had no idea what they were for, and I don't condone it either. I'm fairly new to this hobby, but finding it to be a great source of entertainment, and I also enjoy learning new things.
    GEOSATpro HDVR3500 (Fortec Star 90cm dish/Ku-band LNBF: aimed at 97.0°W, Wave Frontier Toroidal Dish w/multiple Ku-band LNBFs, aimed at 91°W, 95°W, 105°W, 113°W, 121°W, 125°W - Mini BUD: Primestar/ChannelMaster dish/C-band LNBF: receiving 97.0°W & 99.0°W

Other Toys: Mac mini (Early 2009) w/OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 Public Beta 7, iPhone 4S 64GB w/iOS 9.3 Public Beta 7, iPad 2 64GB (Wi-Fi/3G) w/iOS 9.3 Public Beta 7, AppleTV (3rd Gen) w/Apple TV Software 7.2.1, OS Build Version 8.4.1