Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I had to go back to configuring Ku on the LNB2 template. Setting up Ku on LNB1 template greys out all my C band sat channels. At this point I was able to get the Huntington beach cams and several NBC channels by doing a manual scan on those TPs. So this tells me the Ku dish and switch port 4 is working. Something not right with the LO settings that affect blind scan on Ku. Blind scan works great on C band. The lnb menu choices does not have a predefined setting for a standard single band Ku lnb. Anyone have blindscan working with Ku ??
    C: 8' Andrew w/orthomode feeding twin Norsat 8515, Atemio Nemesis
    Ku: 1.2m Channel Master w/orthomode feeding twin NJR universal lnbs, Manhattan
    DBS: Motorized DTV Slimline w/DMS 922 circular, Jynxbox Ultra V3
    4:2:2 AZminiMe slaved off C/Ku

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    Change the scan start frequency to 11700 and the end frequency to 12200 and it should give you a two part scan process instead of four.
    I have tried this and it does drop back to a 2 part scan, but finds nothing.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is my current setting for 103º ku using 8x1-> on input 2 -> 4x1 -> on input 2.

Here are some pixs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is my current setting for 103º ku using 8x1-> on input 2 -> 4x1 -> on input 2.

Here are some pixs.
    East,

I matched my settings to your screen shots ( only a minor change to the scan range) it stops on several TPs along the way, but finds no channels. Maybe something broken in the blindscan of my image?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You might play with the voltage mode under the advanced setting and change it to 13 v then scan and see what happens. The same for 18v.

But prior to doing that go to the sat finder and select the appropriate tuner, then the sat, then user defined transponder then see if it scans Huntington.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You might play with the voltage mode under the advanced setting and change it to 13 v then scan and see what happens. The same for 18v.

But prior to doing that go to the sat finder and select the appropriate tuner, then the sat, then user defined transponder then see if it scans Huntington.
    Might be one of my posts got behind. See my post #11 above. I am able to get Huntington that way. So the dish, lnb, and switch setting is working. Just something with blind scan on Ku. C band is ok.

What image are you using?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I missed that one.

I remember last year when the Duo2 came out, we were having blind scan problems with some of the tuners and we had to wait till they issued new drivers and eventually new images. I wonder if this is the same case with your receiver and image.

Currently using NFR in flash and I have ATV in usb stick.

Another possibility is when you keep re-flashing an image it will reinstall the system satellite.xml file and if it differs in size and content from your original that you uploaded earlier with your settings, it will create havoc sometimes.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pixl, you caught my curiosity, so I loaded up ATV and I am getting the same blind scan results.

1 - Satfinder finds and scans 103º on my fixed dish, but no blind scan.
    2 - I did a blind scan of 97º ku with the fixed dish and it produced about half of what should be there.
    3 - Switched to the bud and Satfinder finds and scans 103º, but no blind scan.
    4 - Moved the bud back and forth while watching Satfinder and the signal for 103º did decrease and return to normal when centered.

So, either my settings got corrupted or the image has switch bugs or both.

When I have time this week, I will start from scratch with ATV and load a new image, new sat file and set up my fixed ku dishes and see if they blind scan properly with the 8x1 switch. Then I'll check the bud which uses a 2x1 switch.
    Last edited by eastof111; 12-01-2014 at 01:04 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for testing that. You getting the same results makes me look toward the software. The blindscan for C band has a single band template. But for Ku there is no single band template. Just user defined dual band. This may be the trouble, what values do you put in for the box to handle it as a single band scan? I've tried 10750 for lo and hi, also tried different combinations of 10750 and 00000, 11700, and 12200.
    Last edited by Pixl; 12-01-2014 at 04:37 PM.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am still trying to figure out what has changed because I've never had a problem blind scanning with my bud before. Satfinder is working (my guess) because it is reading the info from the lamedb file. The current sat.xml (old) system file is what is being read by the blind scan option. Since the lamedb and sat.xml file don't match, I am guessing that's why the blind scan option is not working correctly.

I will try to update the file today using telnet to put the receiver to sleep and see what happens. This has always worked in the past for me.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast