Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I oredered this receiver last week from England, to my surprise the mailman dropped it off today:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

There isn't a format button on the remote so I'm sure it's going to boot in pal.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    No need to break out the composite cables on this one, it automatically knows if ntsc or pal is required. The menu default is in German so that slowed me down for a minute, its menu looks quite comprehensive for fta scanning. I'm going to give it a shot on c band first and change the European sat list. Fw dates back to July of 2014.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    should be interesting if you can find a channel editor that works.
    the july firmware was probably the latest.
    or am I being obtuse?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It took me a while to find blind scan as I was associating it with fast scan. I started on Amc 10 at 135w and was really impressed with its speed, just over a minute. The only issue I had was that I chose fta and not all but the receiver still scanned in all encrypted channels as well. When I went to delete the encrypted channels you can only delete one at a time or all of them. I don't think this receiver will be supported with future fw but I will keep my eyes on their homesite.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    the novatek channel editor I found was actually for an azbox receiver.
    the databse .ssu is 772k size.
    or am I being obtuse?

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you post a sharebank file I can play with it.
    even the x2 had problems loading saved database files until the last version of the editor.
    or am I being obtuse?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just did an fta scan on Amc 18 and only unencrypted channels scanned in in under 2 minutes, starting to like this box.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.zin View Post
    if you post a sharebank file I can play with it.
    even the x2 had problems loading saved database files until the last version of the editor.
    Just curious as to where you found the information on this receiver.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    scour the earth for mere scraps of information.
    A recent search for nt78326 turned up a sinocore receiver with that processor and one of the selling points was "blank flash upgrade" disaster recovery.But they never mention how to actually do it.If all those processors have the secret feature it would have saved me a lot of crying and gnashing of teeth when I killed my x2 and had to buy an eeprom programmer.
    When the receiver can't be upgraded by USB disk under application or by RS-232 under bootloader,
    then we can use this function to fast upgrade by USB disk and without flash programmer. It's very
    useful for after-sale service.
    that was the nt78326su processor,the x2 uses the nt78326sx,if that makes any difference.
    or am I being obtuse?

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've scanned my c band arc 2 times now. All encrypted channels do not scan in now and the only tp this receiver had an issue with was the retro tp on Ses 2 at 87w. it gets stuck and stays stuck on it until you exit out. Blind scan speed is up there with the best as well as tuner sensitivity. This receiver didn't miss any tp, not even 1 once. My final conclusion is that the Golden Interstar HD is an X2 Premium in disguise. It's menu, remote and functions are identical and as much as I really liked my X2, this one will be a permanent fixture on my c band setup going forward. I gave my good neighbour Lex my Technomate 5302 and transferred the Technomate 5402 m3 to ku band. For what I payed for the Golden Interstar receiver, it's worth every penny and brings awesome fta stability for my c band setup.

11. Likes rrob311 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast