1. Collapse Details
    Sundtek Has ATSC Enigma 2 Solution
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Sundtek is a German company that has manufactured a usb ATSC device. I have talked to Sundtek and the confidence that this device will work on the Duo2 is very high. I have been given the option Money Back if the device does not work with the Duo2, providing I return the device. This money back option will also extend to the members of this section.

Sundtek says there may be problems getting the EPG, but does not foresee any scanning or picture problems. Sundtek makes the device, and also writes the drivers, so they more or less have complete control over the device. Sundtek is also taking the novel approach of tricking enigma 2 into think that the ATSC device is actually DVB-T, an approach that I applaud.

Who wants to test this device? I went through the checkout at the website posted above, and the price is a tad under $100.00 U.S. with shipping included. If others are interested in trying or testing his device, then I will invite Sundtek to participate in this forum. Otherwise, I will test it by myself. EB

Note:

Aside of that back to the technical:

When scanning for ATSC:
    Select 6 MHz bandwidth in the scanning menu

When scanning for QAM256 or QAM64
    select 7 or 8 MHz bandwidth

Last edited by el bandido; 03-25-2015 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Edit Thread Title

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's was an op on the Openpli forum asking why the Sundtek wouldn't blind scan with his duo2. The Suntek rep then posted that they hadn't finished the drivers yet, but would be available sometime in February.

On the 23rd we have to move out for about two months and will lose access to the roof top antenna and sat dishes. But I will order one anyway and see if I can use it in our new temporary location.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Sundtek makes DVB-S2 tuners, and that may have been what was being discussed.
    Here is what i was told about ATSC:
    as mentioned we just tunnel ATSC through DVB-T (the european standard) and translate the ATSC scanning tables to DVB-T scanning tables so the settopbox really sees a european signal
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like

The tuner in the above link is DVB-S2, and I think that is what the blindscan conversation was about.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will be nice if the drivers work on the Duo2 and recognizes the Suntek.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been assured that they will. Or if they do not, then supply the information needed to fix the issue/problem. Look in downloadable plugins and I think you will find something from them already for DVB-T, and since they are making ATSC to look like DVB-T to enigma, then it should work.

A cable usb device was mentioned by Sundtek for North America. I do not have cable or any other pay service at present. Still it may be something to look at in the future.

I am interested in the Sundtek DVB-S2 tuner, maybe for the Zero IF it can be made to blindscan decently.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The latest ATV has a new plugin for Suntek.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Placed an order for the tuner today. Their shopping cart website leaves a lot to be desired. Tried placing an order on three different occasions and the site refused to accept it. Sent three e-mails regarding the site problems and never got a response for assistance. Today received an e-mail that my PayPal account had a pending invoice (can't figure out how they got my PayPal account). Also, another e-mail from Sundtek that they processed my order with my address incorrectly displayed. Payed the invoice anyway with a note to correct my address. Let's see what happens next.

Weird way of doing business..... just hope the tuner works correctly when it gets here..

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will order mine next week....

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    At EB"s request a user name for Sundtek has been created and he now has access to this Private area for support discussions.

Welcome Sundtek!

click click b00m

Page 1 of 34 12345611 ... LastLast