Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Very Nice! Vu+ you might learn a lesson or two in consumer support if you read and answered your emails. I think I will repeat this message when it goes public in a few other forums too.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not going to try and defend VU because there is no defense.

But my discussions with Sundtek lead me to think that the real problem lies in the driver of the device and not in the driver of the box.
    Granted, box drivers are very very important, but there will never be an ATSC usb device from anybody else that works on e2 Unless their drivers are optimized for it.

This is what I call the Chicken and the egg effect:
    Vu has no control over WinTV drivers, and WinTV has no control over VU drivers. So the ATSC device BlackHole has worked on for years will never work in VU...Not unless WinTV fixes their driver to run with E2. Just My Opinion.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmmmm...... we could go in circles arguing the point, but if Sundtek decides to issue a tuner for the N.A. fta market that does blind scan equal to an X2 in speed and accuracy, I would buy four to replace my current vu+ tuners. Nuff said.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have an S2 device that is not the problem, however for the US / CA Market we would prefer to go with the second or third revision of our Tuner (the third one would be with UHD support, it's cooking in the mind of our HW engineer the release of the third rev is unknown at the moment).
    Since America is really far away we would like to minimize any potential issue with Hardware.
    We have had some issues with the first revision that they were not able to power all kind of energy hungry LNBs, the second revision will address this issue. Even though only 1% of our customers were affected by it this is something that had to be sorted out on our side.

Our big advantage is that the entire company is owned and controlled by engineers. So whoever you get on the line at our side they know about every detail of the device; They can even give you the first name of every resistor on the boards ;-)

I'm sure we can come up with something that is well suited for the north american market within the next few weeks.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Testing new ideas ....... that's the name of the game. When something is formulated that works and is feasible to support a market segment, go for it. I am always willing to test new ideas.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am running into a slight problem. When tuning in a weak channel that does not lock in, the tuner tries to lock in the station without allowing me to go on to another channel. The only way out of this loop situation is to putty and do a reboot.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trust me, it used to be a lot worse, but I see the driver probably needs more work in that area.

I had a lock-up on Channel 2 tonight. What caused mine was changing from from a weak channel to an empty satellite channel. Channel 2 was glitching, probably from signal loss but was showing about 80 percent on the signal bar. Do not know if the lock-up was from channel 2 glitching, or if it was from changing to a blank fta channel.

Any more information you can give would be nice and might help resolve the issues. There shows a driver update, and I am curious if you installed it. Look at the plugin and if there is an update, it will be shown at the top right corner of the plugin screen.

Curious to know how your channel names scanned in, and if all names scanned correctly. Curious to know if any channel scanned a "Unknown", and if so, does the "unknown" channel work?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I loaded the latest driver this afternoon prior to scanning. When mine goes into a loop the keys on the RC stop working requiring a reboot.

Here's some pictures of my scan after I uploaded to Dreamboxedit.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Sundtek put in at least 20 hours with me over the weekend, and no telling how much more time was spent that I do not know about.
    You do not have any channels listed as unknown, which is good. But you are having the same lock-up problem I was having. At first, I could not scan without it locking up. I thought it was completely fixed, but apparently not.

Which channel(s) in that list give problems? Can you use the remote and scroll through the channels without it locking? On the scan, did you get everything that the tv would get with a scan? How does the sensitivity of the device compare with the sensitivity of the tv?

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    114 - 121 look suspicious, contact us via Skype (sundtek) to see what's going on if you have a problem.

We'd give you a debug version of the driver showing us which line in the code the crash happens.
    I think it should be a fairly easy thing to track that now.

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast