A couple of my fta receivers have DVB-T tuners, which is useless for the United States. I used to look at these tuners and wonder why they could not be tricked into decoding ATSC signals? The ATSC solution offered by Sundtek is to make the ATSC stream look like DVB-T. Doing it this way allows the receiver to think it is receiving DVB-T when in reality it is receiving ATSC!

I received my ATSC usb device on Friday, making me the first person to test this device in an ATSC country. The device was operational out of the box, but it had some problems or issues. Sundtek worked the entire weekend fixing issues, making adjustments, and ensuring the device is working to its full potential.

The ATSC device from Sundtek runs only lukewarm or warm, even after hours of operating. The ATSC device scans better than my tv, and has a tuner sensitivity that is equal to or better than my tv.
Operation of the ATSC device is flawless. It takes about 15-20 minutes to scan for channels, then you are ready to watch tv. My main fta receiver is a VU+ Duo2 with 4 DVB-S2 tuners. The ATSC device is the fifth tuner, and is listed as Tuner E.

All available receiver options work with the ATSC tuner including record and timeshift. Scanned ATSC channels are listed as "Terrestrial" in the receiver's satellite list.

I would like to Thank Sundtek for spending the time needed to optimize the ATSC device. It is truly amazing the way this device operates, and support has been nothing short of spectacular!
It should be noted that this ATSC device has only been tested on VU+ Duo2 and VU+ Zero, but more boxes should be tested and added in the future.

Thanks again Sundtek! EB

(Pictures in next post)