1. Collapse Details
    DMX-741 and Gbox
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I have a GMX-741 LNB, a Gbox, and a 6' dish to receive C and Ku bands satellite channels. I am not sure how to use the Gbox in the Diseqc mode for both band types. Do I use the same satellite locations/positions number on the Gbox for both bands?, or do I first scan all the C band, and then the Ku bands afterward with different assigned locations?.

I have a MicroHD as well as a X2 Premium HD. Which of these two units would be the best to use for this purpose.

I have only use the Gbox in the Diseqc mode with the 6' dish for C band.

Any input and help is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most users do not seem to have good results using a c/ku combination lnb such as the 741 on small dish (1.8 meter). Having said that, you may move the dish to any position and save it, then you may use that saved position on either c/ku band, or you can have separate positions for each band.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with EB, ku band always suffers on those type of feeds.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you both for the input. I have had this LNB for quite some time and never use it, now is the time to experiment with it. Will first try the same satellite position for both bands and see what comes up. If this does not work out, then will try the other option.

Am curious to see how bad the reception for the Ku satellites will be.

Thanks again.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, me again. It has been over a year since this these was posted. I used both methods and it did work to some degree. Since then I took a break from FTA for about eight months, now I am back . I am having a mental
    block as to what is/are the right combination settings for this particular LNB while using the X2 Premium HD, such as 5150, 5150-10750, etc. Also what is the typical or normal length depth of this LNB into the throath of the LNB holder. I am sort of trying to get back into the FTA hobby once again.

6. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    5150 For C band, and either 10750 or 10600 with 22KHz ON for Ku band. Ku band settings will depend on the type of lnb that came with that device. There should be a label on the side of the lnb that has the correct l.o.frequencies.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The DMX-741 is quite old, and I do not see a label anywhere. I understand about the individually settings for the C and Ku bands, I should have been more clear about my question, a little bit confused or maybe you have already answered it above. My question is when using both side of the DMX-741 at once and with the X2 Premium HD, what is the recommended combination setting in the receiver. It is tough getting OLD.
    Thank you.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There should be a 741 installation instructions somewhere here in the forum. I do recall that either the C or Ku band are controlled with the 22 Khz. One will be ON while the other be Off.
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

10. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

5150 for c band and 10750 with 22KHz ON for Ku. Those would be your settings if wired as shown in the above link.

12. Thanks cpr43 thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for not answering sooner, I spent half a day yesterday and some time this morning until the rain stopped me. Thanks for the installation manual for the DMX 741 it helped alot. There was a section in the manual that did not worked as shown, it stated that if only C signal was wanted, to "Connect your receiver to the side "LNB" port of the DMX LNBF" it did not worked as stated, it worked on the "RCV" port. Used the 5150 setting and it worked better than the other settings. Still missing quite a number of channels (almost half) throughout the whole arc. It is possible that the Dish needs some serious fine tuning. Will continue working tomorrow to see if there is some improvement with the project.
    Thanks again.

14. Thanks el bandido, cpr43, Costactc, ViP3R thanked for this post