Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Blindscan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    whitch has the best OpenVix are OpenPli Are ?

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OpenViX easily has the best blindscan and yes I am bias towards ViX, but we (Huevos) has spend a lot of time working and perfecting blindscan for ViX. That said there is nothing preventing Pli or any other team from incorporating our blindscan plugin into their image in fact many of the OE-A teams already do.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The blindscan driver binary file for the receiver is supplied by Vu+. The blindscan enigma2 plugin has been modified several times, but the driver supplied by Vu+ more or less dictates how or what the receiver will scan. Blindscan only finds transponders, then the Service Scans looks for channels on the transponders that were found in Blindscan. The Service Scan can be extremely slow when compared to closed source receivers.

The Blindscan in OpenPLi and OpenVix are more or less the same because they use the same driver that is supplied by Vu+.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Vu+ blinscan works well and a bit slow at times when scanning sats with many transponders. However, it misses many transponders. I scanned several satellites with my vu+solo2 and my x2 premium III, the latter scanned in many more channels and transponders. I have used the Vix image from day one, I flashed my receiver before ever plugging it in.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Current Vu+ models do not receive 16 and 32 APSK, but the X2 will receive these modes. This may explain some of the channels you are missing.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    When watching satellite tv, which I do often, the Vu+ is my choice as its picture quality exceeds all other fta receivers I have ever tested. Also, it is an extremely refined receiver which adds so many other dimensions that others don't. I'm not sure if the tp or channels that were missed were 16 or 32 APSK but that doesn't bother me at all as I have never tested E2 blinscan before. My c band feed, which my solo2 is attached to, is dual so I keep another receiver always as a back up in case one or the other misses something.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OpenPli has a couple more features in blindscan than I cannot find or do not see in the OpenVix blindscan plugin.
    (1) OpenPli will sometimes show when the motor has reached the target satellite. This information is displayed at the top left of the blindscan menu screen.
    (2) OpenPLi gives you the option of opening a saved satellite .xml file onscreen instead of having to dig it out of the file system and open it.

Both images find about the same or the exact same transponders in a blindscan. I have attached a couple of .xml files scanned with each image on satellites 99W c band and 87W ku band.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to use PLI because it was avant-garde in coding, but lately have stayed away from using it due to incompatibility with multiboot. The PLI group does not support it. In the interim I enjoy playing with ATV with all of its beta bugs. The other con with PLI is plugins that are available with other images that are not available with the PLI DB. Searching and manually having to load the ipk is a pia.

Occasionally, I will load PLI in flash just to see how it runs, but I continue to go back to ATV. I have enjoyed using PLI in the past, but until they bring back support for multiboot, I can wait.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been a fan of OpenPLi for a long time. The SH4 receivers that I used a few years ago ran faster and easier for me with OpenPLi based images.
    Different plugins can be found in various places including images feeds for different image groups. I have a plugin folder and can usually transfer the few plugins I want to any image within a few minutes. The satellite editor and the channel pid editor plugins are hard to find, but they have installed in about every image that I use-even SH4.

OpenVix images is what I mainly suggest to people who have just got their receiver and are fairly new to the e2 operating system. It is a very nice operating system.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have VU+ butt enigma2 don't have until today one good blindscan

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast