Page 1 of 31 12345611 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Enigma2 and ku blindscan in NA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    A few months ago we discussed E2 images not being able to correctly blind scan with standard lnbs with settings of 10750 in the advanced tuner section.

Maybe I missed it earlier, but I updated ATV last night and noticed they had a revised blind scan in their log. So, I started blind scanning all my fixed ku dishes and I am happy to say that scanning works great with the 10750 settings and standard lnbs.

Will try other images to confirm this fix.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent!
    They knew we needed it thanks to people like Pale Rider. OpenVix and probably the rest of the OE images should have it.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, definitely a big thank you to the person(s) that assisted in resolving this issue.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Excellent!
    They knew we needed it thanks to people like Pale Rider. OpenVix and probably the rest of the OE images should have it.
    No need to thank me mate, I have done none of the work, it's people like Huevos and andyblack who have spent dozens of hours if not hundreds getting Blindscan working properly when even the manufacturers own offerings were dismal at best. you can follow all the changes directly in the OE-A git. You can follow the GIT directly from here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] There are probably other places in the GIT to follow for blindscan too but it's not a plugin that I tend to use much if ever so I am not that clued up on the latest developments.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    A few months ago we discussed E2 images not being able to correctly blind scan with standard lnbs with settings of 10750 in the advanced tuner section. Will try other images to confirm this fix.
    You are probably thinking of this lengthily thread.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Good news about the fix. I've been dodging the updates because the last one I let go through crashed the receiver, but I think I'll try this one.
    C: 8' Andrew w/orthomode feeding twin Norsat 8515, Atemio Nemesis
    Ku: 1.2m Channel Master w/orthomode feeding twin NJR universal lnbs, Manhattan
    DBS: Motorized DTV Slimline w/DMS 922 circular, Jynxbox Ultra V3
    4:2:2 AZminiMe slaved off C/Ku

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I updated ATV on line with today's latest version and sadly the blind scan is back to having the same prior issues with 10750.

But at least the manual scan still works.

Too bad.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try reloading the old file and see if 10750 still works. Save the blindscan folder in system plugins if it works.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The blindscan plugin is really an interface for the binary file that makes the tuner blindscan. The blindscan plugin is open source, and the binary file is closed source.

Apparently, Vu+ does not make a provision for c band, so the blindscan plugin was modified to make it work by adding this routine:
    def correctBugsCausedByDriver(self, tplist) :
    if self.is_c_band_scan : # for some reason a c-band scan (with a Vu+) returns the transponder frequencies in Ku band format so they have to be converted back to c-band numbers before the subsequent service search
    x = 0
    for transponders in tplist :
    if tplist[x].frequency > (4200*1000) :
    tplist[x].frequency = (5150*1000) - (tplist[x].frequency - (9750*1000))
    x += 1

x = 0
    We may be able to add another routine like that for the 10750 lnb l.o. We would need to tell the plugin to add 150MHz to each found transponder if a 10750 lnb is being used. This sounds easy, and it probably is easy for a Python coder to add this... But it is not easy for me to do.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was in a hurry last night and should have made a backup, but just shut everything down. The nearest restore point I have is about a week old. Will wait again until something appears in the updates.

I too played with the blind scan file a few months ago and modified all the lines referencing universal ku numbers to standard lnb numbers, plus I did try to add the 150 too, but got no where. There are other module files that are being called by this module that probably have to be modified. I just didn't have the time to back track the called modules and see how they interacted with the blind scan module.

In the past I have seen updates that added items that worked and then disappeared or stopped working all together when the next update was released. If I get the itch again and have the time, I will go back to where I had left off trying to back track the modules. I guess sooner than later they will fix this enigma.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vu+ are not going to fix this as to them it's work that has no benefit to them, they simply don't currently consider the north american market profitable (as can be see by their failed attempt to market and sell the Vu+ Duo in NA some three years ago although it was renamed to something else that I cant remember at the moment), you and others would have to convince them otherwise.

At this moment in time you are reliant on teams mostly based in Europe where blind-scanning is of little importance these days. Don't get me wrong If I could help I happily would but you really need a NA based dev team or at the very least a NA based coder who can look into and test these things as needed, otherwise it's going to be a constant battle to get devs on board with a project that they will see little or no benefit from taking part in.

Page 1 of 31 12345611 ... LastLast