Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Many months ago, I tried cutoff of 10750 with negative results and didn't try changing the routine. I'll give it another shot as soon as things calm down a bit here. Will give it a shot this weekend, hopefully. Don't remodel, you'll save a lot of agita. lol.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The IF of your receiver is around 1200 MHz wide (2150MHz - 950MHz = 1200MHz).
    The cutoff frequency could be thought of as where that 1200MHz will start, so 10750 MHz + 1200 MHz = 11950MHz.
    You could not expect to scan past 11950 MHz using a 10750MHz cutoff.

Again, if you are using a 10750MHz LNB and the receiver is looking for transponders using 10600MHz, then you will not find much if anything that is viewable.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I decided to keep the modded 10750 plugin, so I renamed it. Now it can be installed with the regular blindscan plugin without interfering with each other. At the same time, I made some modifications to the blindscan plugin as far as default settings, so I renamed the regular blindscan plugin so I will know that I made changes to it. I would also like to add 11250 L.O., and maybe another entry for the higher Ku band.
    Renaming these plugins should keep them from being automatically updated during an online image upgrade. These custom blindscan plugins were installed manually, so they are not listed in the Removable Plugins Directory.

I can understand why you did not get an encouraging response from OpenPLi or any other image group. First, they probably do not have a 10750 L.O. lnb to test. Second, it takes time and effort just to do a little bit of modding like this. Many times they have modded items or added items, only to find that they are not used, or the modifications are suddenly no longer needed. Knowing this may make it easier to understand why it is difficult to get assistance from image groups.

It would be nice to see others in North America work on customizing the E2 images. There is a lot that can be done by anybody that wants to invest the time needed to learn how the E2 image works. EB

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Test Plugin posted in the above link. Should work on newer Vu+ receivers using OpenPLi.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I decided to continue testing the blindscan plugins t see what they were capable of. The OE Alliance and OpenPLi blindscan plugins were installed in the same image, and my tests show that these plugins return the exact same transponders, so they are equal in scanning. Pictures are attached of 3 blindscan plugins working in the same image.

Did not see why other images such as Black Hole should be without a C/Ku blindscan plugin, so I tested the OE blindscan plugin in Black Hole, ViTi, and Vu+ images. The OE Blindscan plugin can be made to work in these images, but it crashes at the end of the blindscan after the found channels are saved. This crash is no big deal, and could probably be fixed if I spend some time with it. You would never be able to do anything like this with a closed source image or closed source receiver.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any feedback on the 10750 lnb addition? Is it useful or just a waste of time and effort?
    This 10750 l.o. addition can be cleaned up and packaged in .IPK format for easy installing, but I see no need to spend any more time with it if it is not going to be used.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll definitely try it out later this afternoon and post. Your work is appreciated EB.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are welcome. Just need to know how it does. I know the remodel has your attention at the moment....

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heh, heh, grabbed a beer and told the wife to go shopping.... lol.

Installed Satscan_10750 using Vix Aollo 166 in flash. Changed the necessary lnbs to circular from user defined and did some blind scans. Blind scans worked very well on all my fixed dish ku sats using the scan for channels search type. After scanning it defaults to service searching screen.

Also, did some blind scans using the save to xml file search type. Copied the new transponders found in the temp xml file and pasted to the satellite.xml file. Then did a manual scan of the same sats using the single satellite type of scan. This worked too.

Installed Satscan_10750 using ATV 4.2 in multiboot. Replicated the same changes and scans as Vix. Everything worked very well.

Will try some more images when I can. Since it's working well, an ipk might be in order.

What decompiler are you using? Oh, I did get a GetBoxType error first time around with ATV when I went into the plugins menu. I just deleted the Satscan_10750, reinstalled, rebooted and the error was gone. I probably screwed up when installing it the first time. Didn't have that error with Vix.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried on amc-21 125w and this is what i got
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast