1. Collapse Details
    Vu+ SOLO SE HD. Is Warmer on the top
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hello
    I am Postig Here due similar features like My receiver.
    I have one Vu+Solo SE HD since one month ago. I did not use "fully" due I am on enigma2 learning step but during my "testings" I have noted that this receiver is "too warm" on the Top. I am feeling hot after 30 minutes. This is my First VU+ receiver and I dont know if this is normal on this brand of receivers..I am comparing this "warm issues" with my others stuff like Openboxes, amikos, coolsats etc and absolutely Vu+ SE HD is more hot in short time.
    My Questions?
    1)Did you note the same thing in your Vu+ receiver ? Zero, solo2, duo, duo2 etc etc
    2) This receiver has little fan inside or we need to put something to get ventilation
    3)On Vu+ community site I heard some information regarding to set the temperature and others things but I am not sure if this apply to my receiver and also if this settings is exclusive Only on Black hole images
    Thanks in advance

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen it several times in one of the menus where you set the temperature but I can't recall. I'll have a look later and see if I can find it. My solo2 is as cool as a cucumber.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check in your system menu.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Solo SE does not have an internal fan. What is the temperature of the box?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    No fan. I would suggest a laptop cooling fan, I've used them with great results before.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It does not have a cooling fan but in all honesty unless it's in a enclosed space or you are in a region that routinely has very warm temperatures it is nothing to worry about.

The heat your feeling is from the heat sinc which proves it's doing its job in taking heat away from the processor, again nothing to worry about. Nearly all E2 receivers and especially those which undergo genuine safety certification such as the VU+ brand have a safety cutoff that will force the receiver to shutdown if it becomes dangerously hot although I could not say what they classify as dangerous.

If your still worried do as suggested above and put a cheap laptop cooler under it. Also don't put too much stock in the displayed temperature readings from the UI as often the sensor that reads the temperature is located near the processor which will is misleading.