Thread: KU LNB

1. Collapse Details
    KU LNB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    This morning I was playing around with the KU LNB settings in the openvix image on the Vu+ Solo2, default was LOF/L 9750, LOF/H 10750, threshold 11700. The channel frequencies are off by 990 MHZ as per lyngsat listings.
    My setup is a corotor 11 C/KU plus . The Ku lnb is a Precision PMJ-LNB ku h/s, stability 500KHZ noise at.6 db turned on or off by a tone switch. I set the LO/L to 10.750 and the LOF/H to 10.750 with threshold at 11700. Rescanned 103 KU AMC 1 and MS10, MS20 came in at 11940 MHZ V 20000 3/4 qpsk. I don't fully understand these settings. Did some reading on here that EB posted, determined that my lnb was a standard not universal. Getting on the right track.
    10 foot Perfect 10 Mesh dish, AZboz Premiun HD plus, Vu+Duo2, Titanium ASC1, Von Weise 24 inch Actuator, Corotor 2 plus C/KU.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of scan? Blindscan or a transponder scan?
    Is your lnb 10750 for the l.o.? Does 22KHz have to be ON for the Ku lnb to work?

Let me try to explain this as simple as I can.
    The blindscan for Vu+ sees every lnb as an universal lnb. The receiver simply does a search of the IF frequency, which is about 950MHz to 2150MHz. It assigns whatever it finds a l.o. of 9750 for the low band, or 10600 for the high band.
    The frequency difference will be (10750-10600) when a standard lnb is used, and the high side is selected.

Select only circular setting instead of trying to manually enter the frequencies. The Circular setting automatically sets the receiver for a 10750 lnb without having to worry about upper, lower, and threshold frequencies. If you need 22KHz tone, then use circular lnb setting and set the tone to ON. No other adjustments are needed.

There are two basic ways to scan.
    (1) Blindscan
    (2) transponder scan, which may be called a satellite scan or a manual scan.

If you blindscan with a 10750 lnb:
    The receiver will find the transponders using 9750, 10600 or Both, depending on how you have the receiver st up. Once it finds the transponders, it will use the l.o. frequency that you assigned to look for channels. So if you are using a circular lnb setting, then you will not get many if any channels during a blindscan.

If you scan channels using a pre-defined transponder type scan, no Blindscan will take place. The transponders that are stored in the reciver's satellite.xml file will be searched using the l.o. (circular or other) that you set.

I modified and posted a blindscan file that correctly converts the blindscan transponders to the 10750 l.o. You need to install and use this modified blindscan plugin IF you are blindscanning using a 10750 lnb. Let me know if you need help installing this modified plugin for 10750 lnbs.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    First of all I used the user defined setting for the KU lnb because there was no standard setting. I do not have a universal ku lnb. Also the tone switch is used to switch between C and KU bands. From the Chaparral corotor There are two RG6 run into the house and terminate at the satellite receiver, then a tone or diseqc switch to sat in tuner B terminal. The scan used was just a transponder scan. Noticed and read your modified blind scan plugin, just wasn't ready for that yet because my scanned frequencies were off and had to fix that first.
    I will try the circular setting, assumed that circular setting was used for Bell or dish satellites.
    10 foot Perfect 10 Mesh dish, AZboz Premiun HD plus, Vu+Duo2, Titanium ASC1, Von Weise 24 inch Actuator, Corotor 2 plus C/KU.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know of any enigma image that is setup for Dish or Bell, but it is sensible to think that the circular setting was for a 11250 lnb. Just use circular and set the tone ON.

The modified 10750 blindscan file will be put into .ipk format later this evening if there is time. Doing that will make it easier to load.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    .ipk File is n the link along with installation instructions. Doing it this way allows installation using usb stick.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Changed the lnb setting to circular, manual scans are a bit faster and no duplicate channels. Thank you ever so much. Now on to installing your blind scan.