1. Collapse Details
    Proper IPTV file arrangement for x2 Premium Mini
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    HELP....I've studied alll of the posts regarding inputting your own IPTV playlist into the mini. Cannot get anthing to work. Used TYPE:4 style, used "group_channel_etc. and nothing works...I go to "internet tv", push OK, push green "upload" button, insert USB stick, recognizes it, highlight file, push OK....and NOTHING.. Have spent hours trying to reconfigure the files on notepad and nothing works...Please if anyone has had any success loading IPTV files into this box. Thanks in advance for any assistance...

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and Welcome to legitfta!!

You need to make sure you rename the file with this name:

x2iptv_database

If you follow Gary's instructions using the format mentioned here it should work fine! I have mine working OK!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Again, Welcome!!
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe it, If I just looked closer, and did it exactly it works. Now for the next thing, how can I put what is on the stick into memory of the box?? If I now go to "internet tv" it pops up with the preloaded channels. I had named my group as "movies", which doesn't show up at all without reloading from the stick. I thought it would download the channel info and just create the group as another selection. Maybe I'm still doing something wrong..And Thank you very much for the help..

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batv View Post
    I can't believe it, If I just looked closer, and did it exactly it works. Now for the next thing, how can I put what is on the stick into memory of the box?? If I now go to "internet tv" it pops up with the preloaded channels. I had named my group as "movies", which doesn't show up at all without reloading from the stick. I thought it would download the channel info and just create the group as another selection. Maybe I'm still doing something wrong..And Thank you very much for the help..
    I'm glad you get it to work. I haven't found a way to load the list to the box ,yet. I leave my USB connected it to the Mini all the time.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I figured that out finally..First, if you go to "internet tv" the box shows the preloaded tv channels. If you then put in the USB and try to upload, it won't work. All you get is the preloaded stations that came installed in the box. Go into "system settings" and turn OFF internet sharing( last one in column). Now when mini reboots it won't load the installed channels. You then do the USB thing and upload your own stuff and its there, working just like the stations that came installed.What is interesting is that you can now take the USB out and your stuff is still there. If you turn the "internet sharing" back on, you will get back the old list (upon reboot) and not yours. You then can switch back and forth (I'd rather keep my own list) Try this and see if it works for you...Again THANKS for the help..

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about if you remove your USb?? Will they be save in the box even with the Internet sharing off?? I guess this is the main question???

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for not getting back sooner...Been playing with x2 regarding memory..When you upload the stuff into the unit it stays there. You can remove the stick and its OK. When you upload, it shows the usb stick as a drive. Click OK and then you will see your files (x2iptv_database.txt). It didn't seem to work if it was named anything else. If you have multiple files then name them x2iptv_database2.txt or whatever # you want to assign. When you see the file list, scroll to it and push OK. Its now in the x2. You can remove the stick and it will still be there. You may then either turn on or off internet sharing to toggle between the preloaded and your playlists. One thing I haven't figured out is how to erase one channel out of a group. You can delete the whole group, but it seems you can't do one or 2 channel deletions. Maybe you can figure that one out..One other question, is there a "secret menu" which has been spoken of, that will allow us to CLONE the x2 to another??? I'd like to load the sats etc, and then usb the files to another box..I realize this should be another thread, but I thought I would just throw the question out there...Appreciate the help and the learning experience..

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Carlos, They are all in there as long as you had uploaded them from the stick. Try it. One problem is how to delete individual channels. You can push the delete button and then the channel goes away. But when you go back to internet TV from the menu, it reappears. The only thing that can be deleted is the whole "group". I've tried many ways to do it and I can't figure it out. By the way, I've had a lot of "fun" trying to create these playlists, what a pain..They do work though.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing!! I'll give it a try!!