1. Collapse Details
    M3u IPTV for mini
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Is there any hope of X2 to be able to use standard M3u playlists. I've gotten the IPTV playlist to work with this forums help, but it is such a different format and takes too much time to convert standard files. Has anybody had this issue? Is X2 even remotely interested in modifying their software to do this?? Any suggestions will greatly be appreciated.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batv View Post
    Is there any hope of X2 to be able to use standard M3u playlists. I've gotten the IPTV playlist to work with this forums help, but it is such a different format and takes too much time to convert standard files. Has anybody had this issue? Is X2 even remotely interested in modifying their software to do this?? Any suggestions will greatly be appreciated.
    Having had to convert many lists between formats, I've found using both a text editor and a spreadsheet program to be indispensable.

The text editor does the find and replace to insert commas for data element separation and substitute characters for preparation to save as a .csv file. The spreadsheet allows me to move and insert/remove data elements as well as sorting the list. After saving back to the .csv file, a final find/replace to remove the commas and the file is done.

I could probably write a script to do some of it, but I like the hands-on control to make sure it turns out right.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it is time consuming. For those not having the time to devote to converting, might be beneficial to email X2 with a request to use a more popular existing format. Since most vendors are promoting the benefits of IPTV, could be X2 just might listen.