I have had a discussion with Dolby Labs and will pursue further conversations with them and others to see what can be done if anything.
I personally contacted Dolby Labs, and they would not comment at all about certifications. It looks like the Dolby Information is embedded in the chip, so the chip maker has to pay the license fee. I challenge Rick or any other person to provide Proof that the X2 has not paid for Dolby Licensing.

It is quite expensive to have the proper licenses for Dolby, USB & UL Certification, which all drive up the cost of a properly licensed product.
The U.S. Sellers or Vendors that are crying about this stuff should post Proof that the products they sell are properly Licensed. Recent X2 Products have all the needed certifications, and I challenge anyone to Prove otherwise.

Some models of the receivers came pre loaded with IKS which is for stealing Dish Network Signals.
Some models of receivers that Rick Caylor has sold also came pre loaded with IKS.
Almost ALL if not ALL receivers that Rick sells Now are designed for theft or are capable of theft.

There is already an on going federal investigation and it is possible that they could ask for Amazon records for customers that they sold the X2 units to.
I am scared! Especially since I just purchased a Premium IV receiver...
Seriously, The Federal Government probably has better things to do than investigate X2. People like Rick will tell you anything to make the competition look bad.