This post by Rick Caylor was found by me while researching the Premium IV receiver.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Fubar,

First I want to thank you for all of the hard work and feed posting that you do!

With that said, I am asking that you take your discussion of the X2 Premium Receivers elsewhere, as it is not welcome here anymore. Maybe take it to their forum, that is if they have one?

From my research what I am finding is that companies like this can ship small quantities into the US and by pass customs. Thus, no customs enforcement of licensing or trademarks are enforced, that happens on larger orders of say a pallet or a container. On a larger order that customs inspects and checks for proper licensing, they can confiscate the order if the product does not pass their inspections.

I have had a discussion with Dolby Labs and will pursue further conversations with them and others to see what can be done if anything. Amazon does not seem to care about this. I don't agree with how and why our own government lets it happen. Others in this business at the production level, already know much more about this than I do. It is quite expensive to have the proper licenses for Dolby, USB & UL Certification, which all drive up the cost of a properly licensed product.

Here are a couple of other things that I have read and have been told today. I don't know if it is true or not, but still gathering information.

Some models of the receivers came pre loaded with IKS which is for stealing Dish Network Signals.

There is already an on going federal investigation and it is possible that they could ask for Amazon records for customers that they sold the X2 units to.

I am growing my knowledge about this subject and will continue to learn what I can and I want to bring products into the US to sell at good prices, but I also want to support the companies in the US that are playing by the rules. A search of the web, brings up many other discussions about this subject. I will work hard to make for sure that now and in the future that I only offer products that are properly licensed.

I still want to Thank Fubar and the others who work hard to share their knowledge and to post feeds for us all to enjoy.

Thanks,

Rick
I have news for Rick Caylor. The Premium IV is a legal product. Brian Gohl made sure of this by reporting the X2 as illegal and trying to get it removed from market. If my information is wrong, Prove it instead of claiming it!