1. Collapse Details
    Image Update Fail
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I finally can communicate with my dm800 hd but every attempt at flashing a new image fails. When I connect I get this message:

DM800 second stage loader #84 (2011-09-02)

logo

If you see this, your Dreambox didn't boot the Linux kernel. Unless you interrupted the boot process, this usually means that your Dreambox doesn't have a valid operating system installed.

Don't worry! It's not a problem. You can just flash a new version and everything will be fine!

Otherwise, you can boot from network or USB.

If you're about to give up, you might get help at the Dream Multimedia Support board!

You can download the current flash content, but please don't expect to be able to flash it back. It's merely a debugging feature.

Device information
    Firmware upgrade

The only thing I see on my screen is a picture of the image, I cannot do anything with it.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I managed to figure it out and I am using an OpenPli image. My question is how do I get my screen shifted over to the left when using OpenPli as I cannot see anything to the right where I need to make my setup adjustments.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try changing the resolution of the receiver in the AV Settings, or the screen resolution of your tv.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply EB. I cannot change the resolution in AV Settings because I cannot see anything to the right and all screen changes on my tv come up short. I've used images in the past where I could adjust it, there must be a way with OpenPli.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OpenPli does not have a resolution adjustment unless you can find one in downloadable plugins.
    You may be able to use the web interface by typing the ip of the box into your computer browser.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome idea EB, can't understand why I never thought of that. I'll give it a shot and report back.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally got the receiver up to snuff and can be used on all my tv at 60hz. I noticed that this image has a very limited sat list for my arc, EB do you have a NA sat list I can use filezilla to send to this box? If so, where do I send it?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I attempted to transfer your sat list EB 2 times to satellites.xml in etc/tuxboxx and rebooted my dm800 but it didn't work. Any ideas?

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I changed the image to BlackHole 2.1.7 and all sats are present:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]