[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Today I installed the GeoSatPro on my 1.2M GeoSatPro C-Band Dish. I was using a Chaparral LNBF with very good results using a large aluminum lamp shade attached to it. I did not know at the time it was a DRO LNBF and subject to drifting at different temperatures, so I wanted to try the PLL LNBF from GeoSatPro. It was a good thing I went up on the roof this morning to start on the project, as I discovered the original plastic LNBF holder had cracked and broke some time ago so the whole thing was very loose.

Eugene at Satellite AV set me up with a metal bracket designed specifically for my dish, so I wanted to try that to see how well it would work.

Following the directions for the metal bracket, I discovered that I assembled the support arms to the LNBF arm incorrectly when I first bought the dish in 2014. I inadvertently assembled the support arms to the very front hole on the LNBF arm, making the LNBF angle down a few degrees, thus making me incorrectly elevate the dish up a few degrees on the motor to compensate. This allowed me to have excellent results using my aluminum lamp shade, until recently.

I assembled the support arms to the correct hole, rearmost on the LNBF arm, and assembled the metal LNBF holder in the very front hole as directed. This elevated the LNBF arm up a few degrees, so I had to compensate by lowering the dish elevation on the motor by a few; which oddly enough made my aluminum lamp shade inoperable. I didn't get any signal at all with my aluminum lamp shade like before, but I did get the best Quality Signal I could with the Conical Scaler; the flat scaler with a deep socket attached to it gave the same readings.

After the metal bracket installed and other adjustments, gave me a much better signal on the receiver, versus the signal meter I was using outside. The Country Crock butter lid is attached to the Conical Scaler with caulking to keep the moisture and bugs out of the Conical Scaler.

I'm enjoying the much better signals despite it being cloudy and cool today, I will have to wait for clear skies to see where the signals are really at on all of the satellites. I can get the vast majority of the channels on the satellites from 40W-113W. I would like to get the satellites further west, but the dish goes down behind the half story roof line of the house, it would be too dangerous and risky to raise the whole thing any higher being so top heavy.

Anyway, the GeoSatPro C-Band LNBF is working really nice, there's more room to fine tune the LNBF due to the small cover on the electronics, instead of a large bulky covering. :-)