Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Thats great you are able to use parts from the DSR to modify those. I have a stack of those receivers along with some other analog units.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well shoot!! My DiSEqC switch inside the box failed. I've never had a DiSEqC switch fail in all my years of using them. I fried a multi-switch once with total abuse, but never had a DiSEqC failure. So I got into my rebuild ideas sooner than expected. Rotating the main boards was the primary target. But I needed to optimize my space inside the box. Reducing the footprint of the power supply would be a way to do it. The PS Bandito suggested was indeed smaller than what I was using but actually had a larger footprint. Since they had a low profile I thought to stack them but they didn't offer a 18V ~ 22V option for the logic circuits. I had some time ago found a split-bobbin 18V transformer I intended to use and decide to go with it. The inside of the case is 8" X 8" and the mounting plate is somewhat smaller. So I got a new mounting plate and cut it larger than the original. ( 7-3/4" X 6-3/4") With the reduced size of the split-bobbin transformer it all fit together nicely.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567